The title says it all. Will be used in dark environments with lots of flashing lights!
1. What is your budget? Around or under 1k, after rebates
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15 or 17 inch
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1366x786 or higher. Preferred: matte screen (anti-glare)
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Either, probably more of a replacement
5. How much battery life do you need? None. Will be plugged in 24/7
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? No
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.). Realtime audio editing, mixing, syncing, playback of multiple streams, exporting.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 750GB+ 7200rpm (probably will upgrade (~$100) to this after buying laptop)
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Any store shipping to US
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-5 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Anything
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Anything
13. What country do you live in? US
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. Backlit keys required! High-spec quad core cpu ie. i7 2630QM or any from this list. 4 USB ports, HDMI output.
So far I only know Dell Studio 15/16/17-series and Dell latitude E6520 that fit the bill. But these are somewhat higher price ~$1600+
There are also some Asus gaming laptops floating around with backlit keys, but these use older P8700 Core 2 Duo CPUs.