Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 windows 8 problem

billg414

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
I cannot get my Canon Pro 9000 II printer to install on a Windows 8 machine. I am using the latest driver installation program from Canon and I even called Canon help desk which could not solve the problem. The computer recognizes the printer and it appears on the printers list. But, no driver is installed. The printer will install successfully on an older Windows 7 machine. Thanks for your help!

Sorry those did not help. The only other thing I can think of at the moment is to uninstall the driver and then try reinstalling it. That is if you haven't tried that already. I tried searching for a solution as well and so far have come up empty.

Billout

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
Hello, i have the same problem with my Canon PIXMA Pro 9000 mark II on my new windows 8 computer. Windows see the printer , but the canon installation program (latest drivers on canon web site) do not detect the printer and so abord the installation.

I really need to make it work , any idea ? Can t find any manual way to install the printer . Please help

You can find user manuals and setup guides for your printer here: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/professional/professional_printers/destop_printers/pixma_pro9000_mark_ii#BrochuresAndManuals
Edit: After reading your post a second time I realize you meant a manual install of the printer. I should have read it more closely.
Did you use Windows 8 drivers? http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/professional/professional_printers/destop_printers/pixma_pro9000_mark_ii#DriversAndSoftware

Billout

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013

Yes it is the latest driver i use ( work fine with xp, vista and 7 ) but in my case with my desktop on windows pro 64 bit the detection of the printer by the driver installation program faild. I can see the printer in the windows printer list ( it says its work fine) but cant use it because the driver have not finish installation. I try several time , each time i remove the printer from the windows list of printer before.

I got this type of error during installation :
Échec de l’installation du pilote d’imprimante Canon Pro9000 II series, code d’erreur 0x78A, HRESULT 0x8007078A. Voir les données utilisateur de l’événement pour les informations de contexte.

thanks for your help.

cvayala

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014

I was having the same problem and just got it to work. I suppose you have to run the driver install program first, but it sounds like you have as I did. Go to your device manager, right click on the printer which should be under "other devices". Then properties, update driver, from your computer, select "Browse my computer for driver software". Then, "let me pick from a list...". Then find Canon on the left and Pro9000 on the right.

Good luck.