Add this one to the millions of cpu temp posts but

G

.. my amd 1.4 ghz is at a constant 49-52 degrees celcius along with the mb at 42ish... is this ok?/bad?/good?... and would it be detrimental to just leave the whole thing on 24/7?

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
It's not great, but it's passable. Can you get it any lower at all?

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Here's another one of those questions.

YES!! Your temps are FINE. And YES!! You can run your computter 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See a real naked pic of Britney Spears <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/stick_e_mouse" target="_new">here</A>!!!

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
my buddies T-Bird 800 @ 1GHz hits between 46 - 52 degrees celcious.....so im sure your 1.4Ghz T-Bird is just fine...

-MeTaL RoCkEr
My <font color=red> Z28 </font color=red> can take your <font color=blue> P4 </font color=blue> off the line!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
52 C?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

your cpu will melt into a pile of slag!
the resultant power surge will cauze the cpu fan to overspin and break loose, bouncing round the inside of the case like an avenging shruken, puncturing the hard drives and... oppps... oh wait. *rampant imagination off*

52 C is fine. mine runs at 100% load at 54 for as long as i can (days if need be)

your mobo temp seems a bit high though, mine only ever reaches 30 in a hot room, but it shouldnt be an issue. cpu temp is of more imprtance.

I'll respect your comments & opinions, even if i disagree with them, Provided you dispay maturity.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by LHGPooBaa on 08/24/01 03:08 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Oi posts like that are my territory!!!

And if you know there are hundreds of CPU temp questions then if you'd read them then you'd know that the athlon t-bird can run at a max temp of 90 degrees and that your temperatures are not only average but in fact quite good and that you'd only need to lower that if O/Cing you'd also know that if it's a asus board then then that temperature can be about 10 degrees too high. And do you know how I know this? because I read all of those posts and I don't even OWN a godamn t-bird or an asus board and I don't even know what temp my OWN cpu runs at because it hasn't got any heat sensors on the mobo!!!

(for anyone that hasn't realised just spending a week here is very educational)

Your nice new PC might be faster then my 286, but my 286 makes a better door stop :smile:

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
listen, that's not funny. running hot all day 24/7 wears down the inner workings of a cpu and causes glitches and anomalies. say no to heat, run cool fool! :)

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

G

Actually it's far more likly that the heat will wear out the lubricants on the bearings of the fan causing high amounts of friction thus causing additional heat and making the fan burst into into flames...but thats also impossible at those temperatures

Your nice new PC might be faster then my 286, but my 286 makes a better door stop :smile:

G

mine used to run that high, but then I unplugged the second fan (mini super orb) cause it was too noisy and then it would get up to around 60c, then I decided to get a different heatsink mc370 or something like that, the swiftech one (with a different fan though) and now it usually runs around the lower 40's (unless the air is off for a while and my room temp goes up to 80something (f) then it probably gets about that hot, but usually not too much over 50c) the motherboard is a bit warm though... even with my old heatsink I don't think mine got that hot...

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
i got my Dual P3's at 32c any using Thremoengine w/ 7000rpm detla fans. OH GOD THE NOISE IS KILLNG ME.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

G

Anywhere from 30c to 50c is good. Have my 1.4 tbird at 31 C with an 8k7a+/dragon orb 3 (7000rpm noisy lil' blower)general use with the room heater on high. Plus a few case fans as well,...Highest so far has been 35C..

Will do some benchmarks today sometime.

Medication helps :smile:
<font color=blue>THG needs 2 change the sig' of the week errrr century!</font color=blue>

G

Good temp if you can get it. But Iam nice and warm, cpu is nice and cool, wanted a summer temp to see! Board was 26c room was 26c, beer is about 4c!!!!!!

Medication helps :smile:
<font color=blue>THG needs 2 change the sig' of the week errrr century!</font color=blue>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
have you thought about covering sections of the inside of your case with sound adsorbing foam?

I'll respect your comments & opinions, even if i disagree with them, Provided you dispay maturity.