Dual computer Monitor - Suggestions?

sneakyazshiite

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
twitter.com
Im looking to get a dual monitor setup for my computer. Id prefer a larger screen (23" and up). Ive searched google and cant find many at that size. Im sure they exist! =P

I have a Radeon HD 6870 graphics card and an i7 860 @2.8GHz. Dont know if youd need any other specs but if so just ask.

Id like to stay under $500 for the dual monitor.

It will be used primarily for gaming so i want to make sure quality is tailored towards that.

Any suggestions feel free to share with me! =)

Solution

Try the IPS one and see.
You will see a huge difference in term of image quality.
The wow-effect as you use will be big.

Still, before regreting your choice, try to see any IPS monitor live in some store near home using your own eye.
IPS is usually used for video/photo editing and watching movies.
IPS panels tend to be slower but have far better colour reproduction and viewing angle.
Imagine, like having sort of big iPad screen to be used with your computer.

In my office, the company ordered only IPS for everyone regardless of what they are doing.

TN panels can never go close to IPS image quality.
The new IPS panels are even fast enough for FPS games but still not as fast, not as smooth as TN panels.
The speed however...I can not even tell the difference using my eyes...
Some said, they can tell the difference...but not me...
I tested U2412M on my friends home using Mass effect 3...I recognized no ghosting or whatsoever..

Usually due to the slowness of IPS, IPS is not meant for 3D but I found somehow some 3D IPS panels on the internet...I still have to check them with my own eyes how they look like in the real world...

My ordered Dell U2412 should be on it way to me right now... I can not wait to see how my Skyrim on it..

Lets make it simple
Do you like to have 3D gaming experience? Are you a hardcore or professional gamers?
For those, stick with TN panels

3D is not important? You like to watch movies? viewing photos? You want a lot better image quality? You are a casual gamer?
For those, pick IPS.

sneakyazshiite

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
twitter.com

I play a ton of league of legends and some fps games. no 3d though. i watch a lot of movies on my pc too =)

Try the IPS one and see.
You will see a huge difference in term of image quality.
The wow-effect as you use will be big.

Still, before regreting your choice, try to see any IPS monitor live in some store near home using your own eye.

Solution

muppetlol

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Since u play tons of League of legends and minute amount of fps games , IPS would be very suitable for you , you will fall in love with it after you get it although the response time are usually higher than TN.