Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Samsung 27 inch monitor (S27B970D)

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 28, 2013 3:06:10 PM

Anyone who owns this want to comment on the following?

1. Can you comment on the build quality? Does the base feel or look cheap? (CNET noted that it like pulled off too easily)

2. If you do a quick search about CES 2013, Samsung seems to be set to release a newer of the 27B970D monitor soon... (the 971) some sites place it as close as next month. do you have any knowledge or opinion on what to do in that case?

About to pull the trigger on this... I hope Im not making a mistake

Best solution

a b C Monitor
February 28, 2013 3:37:07 PM

1) I wouldn't worry about any Samsung monitor's build quality when it comes with a 3-year warranty. Plus it looks great for a monitor. The stand is height adjustable. LED monitors are very lightweight as a rule. Maybe that's why CNET felt the way they did. Samsung has superior color and the best contrast I've every seen in a monitor. They use their own PLS technology as well that allows for faster response times which is key for gaming.

2)The 971 looks like it will have a little bit brighter screen (300/md brightness), but that's about it. Looks like the same monitor.

Should be cool.
a b C Monitor
February 28, 2013 3:40:59 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Computer Peripherals by Mousemonkey
Score
Related resources
February 28, 2013 3:59:31 PM

Best answer selected by Ghostface23.
Score
February 28, 2013 4:06:32 PM

ubercake said:
1) I wouldn't worry about any Samsung monitor's build quality when it comes with a 3-year warranty. Plus it looks great for a monitor. The stand is height adjustable. LED monitors are very lightweight as a rule. Maybe that's why CNET felt the way they did. Samsung has superior color and the best contrast I've every seen in a monitor. They use their own PLS technology as well that allows for faster response times which is key for gaming.

2)The 971 looks like it will have a little bit brighter screen (300/md brightness), but that's about it. Looks like the same monitor.

Should be cool.

thank you Uber--- appreciated. Also sorry for snarky response earlier on article page... the internet courage got to me :) 
Score
!