Athlon 1.4/ABIT KT7A-RAID problem

G

There seems to be some helpful people on this board so hopefully you can help me! I just got an ABIT KT7A-RAID, a 1.4 gz Athlon and 1gb of pc133 name-brand RAM. My problem is that, even in most barebones setup, I can't get it to post. The fans will turn on, HD will spin, lights will turn on, but that's it. No video signal gets sent and the HD doesn't sound like it's booting... just spins up when it gets turned on. Here is the barebones setup:

ABIT KT7A-RAID
1.4gz Athlon OEM
Coolermaster something or other... it's a bigass heatsink fan combo
Creative TNT2 32MB
512mb PC133 name-brand
Maxtor 20gb HD
(here's the kicker... i hope) 235W power supply.

I've just been trying to get that running. I've been able to run a celeron 566@808 for awhile w/ that power supply, but is it a problem now? I'm really at a loss because the mobo isn't beeping like with bad ram (I've tried 3 diff. sticks of pc133 ram). I've also just plugged the hard drive into IDE1 with a normal IDE cable. Should I get a 300+W powersupply?!? Anyone had this problem? Any fast help will be great because you only get like 7 days to return stuff... and I'm on Day 3. Help!

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yes you need a bigger supply! I am running a 300W with my 1.2gig/KT7A RAID/GF2 GTS and mine won't turn on the display sometimes either. So Go 400W!!!

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"