SIS 645 have the oficial support of intel

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Two big thing going for SIS.

1 MSI have made a mobo with sis 735 for amd platform.
2 SIS 645/690 have the full right to produce chipset for P4.It been a while that we now that SIS will made a chipset for P4.To me eye intel will retake there share lost to amd and propaly loss near to 90% of there chipset market.If you have cash in stock market look at SIS share.

Does someone know the difference between the SIS 645 and 690.I hear that it will go on agp 8x.

Does P4 will cost less that PAL.AMD i wish you good luck.

According to XBIT lab new.

Arbee

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
To me eye intel will retake there share lost to amd and propaly loss near to 90% of there chipset market
1 - I doubt that Intel will loose that much chipset market - remember they have big OEM deals and great ability to sell upon brandname. And besides, they traditionally have had better chipsets than the competition.

2 - Sis may be entering a good phase, but at least see how well their products perform. Even the Sis735 looses some shine when compared to the latest revisions of the Ali Magik1 (and probably the KT266A) and their P4 solutions may not be better (just cheaper) than Intel.

How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Good logic even very.

1 - I doubt that Intel will loose that much chipset market - remember they have big OEM deals and great ability to sell upon brandname. And besides, they traditionally have had better chipsets than the competition

Is true that is little big 90% but it sure it will lose it some major part and mostly on custom computer or if you like OEM.Personaly who dont want a P4 now that SIS 645 is out.

2 - Sis may be entering a good phase, but at least see how well their products perform. Even the Sis735 looses some shine when compared to the latest revisions of the Ali Magik1 (and probably the KT266A) and their P4 solutions may not be better (just cheaper) than Intel.

IS still faster that any others chipset on AMD.
On intel side.

SIS 645

have peplink 550 mb of bandwith betwwen the southbrige and the northbrige.Is there 1 chipset to have it.DDR 333 is the 1 chipset to have support for it.NO twice chip on only 1 who reduce cost.In the same way reduce there price for the mobo maker.

Remember the benchmark made at anadtech with P4x266.IS was is was only 5% slower that i850.The difference with SIS 645 that he use DDR 333 and a overall better chipset and also more stable.

Unless intel go out with brookdale with DDR 2100 support or I850 with pc 1066 support.SIS will be faster and way way cheaper that any others chipset for Intel P4.SIS will probaly have the the speed crown of P4 until grand champion is out.I have look at the chipset road of intel there not really something until grand champion.SO """""maybe """" they made most of there R&D in grand champion.

Arbee

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
The not releasing of a DDR version of i845 is legal, not technical (at least thats what a completely unfounded rumour says). If so it can be solved rapidly.

Also, you can have the best chipset on earth but still have low sales - if your competitor bundles their CPUs with their chipsets/mobos - and intel might like to do so (or you get into low availability list).

Remember the benchmark made at anadtech with P4x266.IS was is was only 5% slower that i850.The difference with SIS 645 that he use DDR 333 and a overall better chipset and also more stable.
Hopefully so, but it may or not be true - wait to see an actual product based upon the 645.

BTW, I doubt that Sis 735 will mantain its crown (despite being a good chipset) - the preview of B0 steping of AliMagik1 already puts it in front of it - but final products will tell us.

How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise