Hello everyone, I am looking to buy a new laptop for myself and my wife and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.
1. What is your budget?
Wife = $600-$700
Me = $700-$800
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
At least 15" for each
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Wife = portable.
Me = Desktop replacement.
5. How much battery life do you need?
The most available.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Wife = no games
Me = WoW with highest settings and Game of Thrones RTS game with highest settings (hasn't come out yet but probably be high intensive graphics).
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Wife = Web surf, photo editing, videos/movies, music
Me = Web surf, movies, music
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Wife = 500+
Me = 500+
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Coscto.com, Newegg.com, cyberpowerpc.com
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Atleast 4-5 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM and Blue ray preferred but required.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I know that every brand has its hicups so I'm not concerned which one.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I prefer to have a GPU due to gaming but my wife doesn't need one I don't think.
lenovo IdeaPad Y560 15" laptop $750
Core i5 480M (2.66GHz) 4GB RAM 500GB HDD 15.6" 1366x768 LCD 2/ ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730
A bit less expensive with dual core i5 CPU and a good mid-range video card in the Radeon HD 5730.