Windows 7 Upgrade Option Coupon

Malckai

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
I purchased a Falcon Northwest computer back in 2009. Included in the software bundle that came with was a physical Windows Vista disc and a pamphlet for a Windows 7 online upgrade. I had some hardware issues recently and was forced to format my hard drive. After installing Windows Vista, I went to www.windows7upgradeoption.com like the pamphlet said, and was greeted with a page asking if I wanted to upgrade to Windows 8. I've searched high and low the last few days, and I can't for the life of me find where this service went.

Am I out of luck? Am I forced to buy an upgrade copy of Windows 7? I have the system recovery discs included with the computer, but the paperwork also says that the OS installed is Vista 64, so that's not much help.

I am reasonably computer literate, but formatting, OS installs and things like this are a bit out of reach. I tend to go for prepackaged systems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
Yes its too late to upgrade. I think they ended the program for windows 7 quite a while ago. I had a free upgrade as well back when i bought my computer in 2009 and they gave me 1.5 years to request an upgrade. But why cant you simply go back to vista? I know its not the best, but better than paying for a new OS.

Malckai

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
I suppose I could. I have just gotten used to Windows 7, and from what I've read, it seems to be a better operating system than Vista. I upgraded from a computer that had XP on it, so I really don't have that much experience with Vista at all come to think of it.