reconnecting Intel's broken internal connections

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
such as the multiplier, fsb and voltage settings.
I have the pinouts, I know how I need to set the, but an internally cut connections makes it difficult.
If I take a piece of wire and connect pin 1(which is closed) to pin 3(which is open) what are the odds this would work?

----------------------
Independant thought is good.
It won't hurt for long.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Pin 1 to pin 3? Is this for the slot1? OK, no Slot ! experience here, but....

With the original Pentium line it was impossible to reconnect the broken connections. I've tried everything from graphite to solder.

With the Coppermine chips the motherboard did the work, so it was possible to connect internally disconnected detection pins externally, therefor raising the detected voltage or detected bus speed.

And Tom said it was possible to disconnect certain detection pins using tape, to raise the detected bus speed, on the Slot 1 processors.

You never know unless you try!

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
pin 1 to pin 3 was just an example.
its vcc(I think thats the right name, don't have the paper in front of me) pin 2 to pin 3 actually.
1.6v is 001000
1.7v is 000100 I think. I'm not going to break a pin, but I will try to insulate it from the motherboard, the problem is reattaching the open pin. 001xxx makes lower voltage, no matter which pin I use, I must close that connection to make it 1.65 or 1.7v. With normal cooling, how tolerant are Coppermines of 2v? If I close the pin to make it 000000 then it makes 2v, that would just be a way to see if my idea works... my goal is 1.7v, as it is an official voltage for mobile coppermines.

----------------------
Independant thought is good.
It won't hurt for long.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you could use the Powerleap adapter, it had onboard voltage setting jumpers.

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you dont want to damage the CPU, you could try working on the adapter.

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>