Installing windows xp on vaio vpcea2s1e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksotiko

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
I insert the windows xp cd and everything starts runing antill the (windows is starting) screen before it even reaches the partition part of the instalation it gives me a blue screen saying about if it is the first time ect. any one have an idea what i can do? i have tried to install on different hdd drive on my vaio and still the same problem, I tried win7 and every thing works perfectly. why wont it let me install windows xp?

ksotiko

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Yes i have found a little setup program from sony that you run it while in windows and it finds all the drivers for the specific laptop online instantly. i have tried sp2 and sp3.
I have 5 diferrent XP installs so i doupt it will be my CD's. I think is is something to do with compatability with my laptop while windows tries to start its setup program it crashes. the problem is that i am a dj and whant to use a specific program on windows xp for my work cos the program has issues in other windows and works best in windows xp

What program is that?
There should be NO compatibility problems as long as you have XP drivers for the hardware.

ksotiko

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
It is a setup from sony that does that job. it is just called setup.exe my problem is that i cant install wiondows xp. before even the partition menu it crashes. the program i want to use on windows xp for my work is TRAKTOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS