Base Station Management Tool unaccessible!

In order to update my subscription to Norton AV ... I had
to disconnect the modem (acc. to Norton instructions).
After I subscribed, I reconnected everything to discover
that my wireless network is no more. I get a msg. that
indicates that I am using a public ip. I can't make any
changes to correct the issue because I can't get to the
Management tool (grayed out). I attempted to connect via
192.168.2.1 in my IE browser ... but it tells me that it
won't load the page. What the heck is going on? To make
matters worse, I cannot connect through the modem port
and get to the internet any more.

I'd use a System Restore point to back out of whatever "updates" Norton did
to your computer, and see if that will help. Norton (Symantec) products are
pretty invasive, and unless set up properly they'll block things. I would
check with Symantec support.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC