Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which ISO-file should I choose???

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 30, 2013 5:30:29 AM

Hi,

I am going to reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium on my PC and was about to download the latest ISO-file from Digital River when I found that there seems to be TWO different versions.
One is called: Windows 7 Professional SP1-U ISO and the 64-bit Swedish filename is: X17-59273.iso

However there is also a Windows 7 Professional N SP1-U ISO (Note: N editions come without media components) with the Swedish file name: X17-59424.iso

So what does this “N” after “Professional” mean? That is, what does it mean that the edition comes “without media components”???

As I am going to download the ISO-file and then boot from an USB-stick, which one should I choose?

And I guess that, even if the ISO file is labeled as a Windows 7 Professional, I will be able to choose Windows 7 home Premium 64-bit during the installation process, right?

Thanks!

More about : iso file choose

January 30, 2013 6:02:16 AM

Quote:
So what does this “N” after “Professional” mean? That is, what does it mean that the edition comes “without media components”???

IIRC, due to some licensing issues M$ had to remove media components so that Widows could be used in EuropeaN countries. That's the N version.

Quote:
And I guess that, even if the ISO file is labeled as a Windows 7 Professional, I will be able to choose Windows 7 home Premium 64-bit during the installation process, right?

You won't be able to install Home Premium using Professional version iso(unless you modify a particular file ;)  ).
Get the Home Premium iso.
m
0
l
January 30, 2013 6:09:45 AM

Thanks a lot kaos!

I only had the link for Win 7 Profession ISO-file, but i guess a simple search will help me find the right ISO-file for the Swedish version?
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

January 30, 2013 10:59:31 AM

Wolters said:
Thanks a lot kaos!

I only had the link for Win 7 Profession ISO-file, but i guess a simple search will help me find the right ISO-file for the Swedish version?

I checked...
Unfortunately, only English language edition seems to be available for Home Premium.
But if you install it you won't be able to switch to Swedish language...

My suggestion:
Download the Professional version for Swedish language
Use M$'s usb download tool to create a bootable USB.
After you have created the bootable usb, open the "sources" folder on usb and delete the file named "ei.cfg"
Boot using the usb
You should be able to choose between the Home Premium and Professional version
Share
January 30, 2013 11:41:36 AM

Thank you so much! That really worked like a charm!
m
0
l
January 30, 2013 11:41:51 AM

Best answer selected by Wolters.
m
0
l
!