Tungsten C--hotsynch cable

March 12, 2005 5:21:45 PM

I am looking for a cable that will allow me to hotsynch my Tungsten C
and NOT have use the cradle (when I travel).
Thanks
Mahl
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 9:29:36 PM

Hi Mahlon,

I just the BoxWave Minisync (http://www.boxwave.com/products/minisync/)
with my Tungsten | C, and it works great.

There are many other products that are essentially the same (some may
even be repackaged OEM versions that are exactly the same!)

Just one word of warning: As much as I love Zip-Linq (and use about six
of their different cables all the time) avoid their Tungsten
"Sync-N-Charge" cable
(http://www.ziplinq.com/retractable-cable-pda-palm.html) The connector
on the cable does not physically mate properly with the connector on
the Tungsten (at least on the sample of the cable I have!) while the
connector on the BoxWave Minisync mates perfectly everytime.

Good luck!

--Sam Lipoff
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 6:45:02 AM

Dear Derek,

I'd love to have a "Sync & Charge" cable with a HotSync button on the
connector, but I must confess I haven't found one yet, and can't seem
to find it on the Proporta website either.

For the Tungsten | C, at least, there appear to be two different models
of "Sync & Charge" cables; the first is just a cable, and the second is
a cable in retractable package:

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=216&t_mod...

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t_id=570&t_mod...

Since they don't appear to show, or allow searches by, model numbers on
the website, could you show us where the cable with the HotSync button
on the connector is located on the Proporta website?

Thanks!

--Sam Lipoff
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 12:30:43 PM

I bought my USB sync & charge cable from www.proporta.com The model no of
the cable is PR1124 and works great , it has a hotsync button on the
connector so you don't need to open the hotsync software on the palm.

Derek
!