Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

how to put window 7 on more comp with same key

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 30, 2013 8:05:48 AM

can some please just give stright answer i got 5 comp i need to get running asp i have 6 kids so need for school i'm running windows 7 how many of this comp can i put it on and can buy just a key for them ?

More about : put window comp key

a b $ Windows 7
January 30, 2013 11:10:21 AM

You can use the same DVD to install Windows on other computers in your household, but you cannot use the same Product Key or licence under any circumstances. You must buy a new licence and key for each computer you want to install Windows on.
January 30, 2013 11:26:29 AM

how do go about doing do have buy full verson again or can get 1 cheaper though them with my code not sure how to say what mean hope you can feg out ty very much
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 30, 2013 11:30:23 AM

The Disk costs MAYBE a dollar. You are paying for the license. You will not save ANY money by not buying a normal disk/license pack. The license will always be $90-$100. You can get additional licenses from Microsoft, but if you're ordering one disk might just as well order 5. Its the same cost.
January 30, 2013 11:43:02 AM

ty very much for help my kids are from 10 to 1 so i get 5 of them that use it now so make rough after school for them to get there time on it got alot money into building them for them have very nice day
a b $ Windows 7
January 30, 2013 1:12:47 PM

10 to 1? I can kind of understand the 10 year old but... Well I digress thats not what I wanted to suggest :) 

What I was going to say was as long as they don't want to play games (browser games are fine, I am talking like CoD, Skyrim, etc) You could always go the free route of using some linux distro (the easiest to get into is Ubuntu)
January 30, 2013 1:17:12 PM

mouse24 said:
10 to 1? I can kind of understand the 10 year old but... Well I digress thats not what I wanted to suggest :) 

What I was going to say was as long as they don't want to play games (browser games are fine, I am talking like CoD, Skyrim, etc) You could always go the free route of using some linux distro (the easiest to get into is Ubuntu)

what all will linux run i never tryed got to keep easy for kids where can get from to try it 10 to 1 is my kids age got 6 of them..lol
a b $ Windows 7
January 30, 2013 1:28:19 PM

fadsfadsfads said:
can some please just give stright answer i got 5 comp i need to get running asp i have 6 kids so need for school i'm running windows 7 how many of this comp can i put it on and can buy just a key for them ?

Your key will get banned after the key is used to attempt to activate too many computers. The key will pass the install decryption but when the activation process completes after the machine gets to the internet the key will be blocked if used too many times. Then you can not use it on any machine.

You might want to try to get free keys from one of the Microsoft educational programs.
January 30, 2013 1:30:13 PM

Get a msdn subscription
a b $ Windows 7
January 30, 2013 1:45:32 PM

fadsfadsfads said:
what all will linux run i never tryed got to keep easy for kids where can get from to try it 10 to 1 is my kids age got 6 of them..lol


Well Its like most other operating systems in that it will run whatever is made for it. I don't have a list with me but they have a linux version of almost every program available or atleast a comparable product made by a 3rd party.It would be faster to make a list of what DOESN'T run on it. In terms of looks you can customize it to look a lot like windows if that suits your fancy. For web browsers and general use stuff (browsing, flash/java games, word processing) its exactly the same.

It does take some trouble shooting if things don't work right off the bat (say you are having trouble installing a program) though they have it very well documented.

It might take you a little while to get accustomed to it since you are so used to windows but I highly recommend trying it out before dropping over half a grand on windows.
January 30, 2013 1:51:42 PM

i just called them got good answer they sayed they they would add all the comp for at no cost
January 30, 2013 2:04:37 PM

unksol said:
The Disk costs MAYBE a dollar. You are paying for the license. You will not save ANY money by not buying a normal disk/license pack. The license will always be $90-$100. You can get additional licenses from Microsoft, but if you're ordering one disk might just as well order 5. Its the same cost.

Is there any problem if you were to say buy a oem disk for a better price? I'm seeing win7 pro 64 for 75 and 32 bit for 69 for a dell disk?
January 30, 2013 2:10:13 PM

dell disk? all my comp i build the my self if there dell no i have asrock f2 and asus fm1 pack up good got order few more parts there off running i hope
January 30, 2013 2:18:29 PM

Yes they are available as OEM. You can get them for Dell or HP. It has some minor branding on them that you end up saving on the cost of a non branded/oem disk
a b $ Windows 7
January 30, 2013 3:27:06 PM

didn't they limit it to 2 licenses only?
January 30, 2013 3:55:11 PM

no said i can do all 5

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
January 30, 2013 4:57:44 PM
Share

fadsfadsfads said:
i just called them got good answer they sayed they they would add all the comp for at no cost



Hi :) 

I have no idea who you talked to, but it CANNOT have been Microsoft....

Firstly they would NEVER say you could activate them all for free....

Secondly there is NO system that CAN activate 6 machines on one retail or Oem key...



All the best Brett :) 
a c 371 $ Windows 7
January 30, 2013 11:37:07 PM

Best answer selected by SR-71 Blackbird.
a c 371 $ Windows 7
January 30, 2013 11:37:24 PM

This topic has been closed by SR-71 Blackbird
!