Sign in with
Your question

INTEL STILL NUMBER 2

Last response: in CPUs
August 28, 2001 1:59:48 AM

even with a 600 MHZ lead the Pwhore barely wins some benches against the t-bird

with the release of the 1.533 PALAMINO.... AMD will once again hold the crown in all benches not named quake 3 (who noone plays)

AMD .. the only reason u can buy a GHZ chip for 90 bux....

scaredwood
Amelteddick
FUGGED

all bow down to the greatness of AMD

AMD
THE ONLY NAME IN PERFORMANCE

More about : intel number

a b à CPUs
August 28, 2001 2:09:44 AM

So Intel is now #1 in sales and finallyh #1 in speed, and as always last place in Value. So it's number 1 right? Or does the price make it number 2? But they always go by volume when they list any manufacturer as the industries leader, aka Number 1, so I guess Intel has always been number 1?

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!
August 28, 2001 2:14:29 AM

I dont have finish to see anadtech review.In the 1.8 review is was the fastest and now 2.0 is slower.There a probleme with anadtech benchmark.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 30, 2001 11:03:20 AM

TB is cheap and good to clock, but P3 is much more stable and compatible than TB, and P3 is a QUALITY prosessor, you get exactly what you paid for. But this is only my opinion, good processors both. :) 
August 30, 2001 1:20:47 PM

Winter while I don't disagree with you that the P3 is a stable CPU, the stability issue is more with the chipset than with the CPU. Athlon is just as stable as P3 as is P4. The stability issue some have had has everything to do with the chipset. P3's worked poorly with some P3 based chipsets in 1999 and 2000, just as Athlon works poorly with some Athlon chipsets. However, that is/has been mostly overcome. With comments like the ALi Magick 1 revB0 and SiS 735 becoming the "BX chipsets for Athlon" (meaning inexpensive and STABLE) AND fast, your statement doesn't necessarily mean an Athlon system is less stable than a P3 system. Heck, even the KT 133 and 266 chipsets are pretty stable and compatible now for most things.

So, take stability out of the picture except as how it reflects specific chipsets.

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!
August 30, 2001 1:26:59 PM

Pope, while I appreciate folks' near cult like support o chips, there's no reason to disparage other chips OR other posters to validate your support for your chip of choice.

You can make much more positive and valid statements by keeping the negative (hateful) remarks out of your posts and stick with the actual facts.

Which processor do I prefer?

Athlon.

But does that mean P4 or Tualatin or Itanium or Hammer or whatever CPU don't also have valid advantages?

Nope!

I'm sure many people can appreciate your viewpoint, but a lot MORE could if you refrained from the hateful rhetoric and stuck with a more adult demeanor rather than a "pissiung" contest.

Thanks and I hopefully will look forward to reading more of your posts, just toned down a little.

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!
August 30, 2001 2:10:38 PM

Hey, it happens get over it. It doesn't matter how many Mhz faster or slower if one processor beats the others in bench marks and the other doesn't have a faster one yet then they are #1. AMD will most likely not be #1 for a while. They need to learn to market their procs. better. Intel has the larger bank so they will be on top for a long while whether we like it or not.

What is the difference between <font color=red>pink</font color=red>and <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>? The <b>GRIP</b>!
August 30, 2001 2:26:49 PM

if your read my AMD STATE OF THE UNION address... i have toned down alot and made some level headed comments...

its just hard to be objective with idiots like meltdown and fugger running around
August 30, 2001 2:30:17 PM

All I have to say is buy the processor that suits your needs the most.
1) High speed, generaly perpose machine (some games, word processing, etc) --AMD Athlon (or Duron on real budget)
2) High bandwisth Apps, mpeg encodingm etc P4
3) Low to mid range server- Dual PIII/AthlonMP
4) High end graphics workstation --AthlonMP
5) High end database server with high number of concurrent users, non x86 based CPU (e.g. PA-RISC, SPARC, etc). Due to the fact that x86 processors have not been proven to scale past 8 procs.
August 30, 2001 2:55:50 PM

Pope,
Judging by your post in the "Other" forum you came here looking to troll the Intel users on this forum.

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&..." target="_new">http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&...;/A>

I remember BMO too, but resorting to the same tactics as him don't make you any more right than he is. While FUGGER and those like him are annoying, very few people here take him seriously. We all know he is full of it, and have caught him in lies many times. We don't need anyone to come in and "smack him down" for us. If you came here just to continue the "your processor sucks!" vs. "No! Your processor sucks!" debate, then please do us a favor and go back to THE LAB. If you actually want to contribute useful posts, then please stay. I look forward to reading "useful" posts from you in the future.
August 30, 2001 4:01:00 PM

fugger pissed me off and i came off wrong.... i have reformed..

i am very objective now
August 30, 2001 4:04:17 PM

Is fugger even still around??

What is the difference between <font color=red>pink</font color=red>and <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>? The <b>GRIP</b>!
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 30, 2001 4:39:46 PM

Well of course it will the only thing im wonder if the 1.13 celeron is coming soon. I heard it can overclock to 1.6ghz at 133fsb easily. Probally the only thing Intel can try to match it with. Well the Athlon 4 will be impressive. Northwood p4 2.2ghz wont proform as fast then 1.533 Athlon 4 (PR????)

AMD user's always have the edge !
August 30, 2001 5:01:49 PM

Hey! Now we have AMDMeltdown and IntelMeltdown! Fight! Fight! Fight! :smile:

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
August 30, 2001 5:07:32 PM

Alright I admit, I made the first Intel Meltdown..... but then this person COPIED ME (i made it like 7 months ago)

--
It's Princess Leia, the yodel of my life. Give me my sweater back or I'll play the guitar.
August 30, 2001 5:10:32 PM

Do we really want a fight?? OH COURSE WE DO!!!! We need a FIGHTING FORUM.

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 30, 2001 6:09:53 PM

i dont want to fight i was just stating my opinion.

AMD user's always have the edge !
August 30, 2001 6:56:16 PM

Yeah, you didn't want to fight look at you usrname and say that again. Instigator.

What is the difference between <font color=red>pink</font color=red> and <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>? The <b>GRIP</b>!
August 30, 2001 7:03:16 PM

pope you are a moron. clock cycles are irrelevant. Intel has already stated the P4 will 10Ghz in the next 3 years or so, and they already demoed 3.5Ghz. AMD is still scrathcing its ass trying to figure out 1.5Ghz. So what if a Asslawn outperforms a P4 clock for clock, when the P4 has such a monsterous speed advantage AMD can piss off.
August 30, 2001 7:06:18 PM

scarywoody your mother is a lumberjack.

I am starting to like intel... and am rooting for them.... but with people like u running around ...its hard to like INTEL... why dont u go bleed blood for CYRIX...they need the support
August 30, 2001 7:21:31 PM

You aren't making much sense first you say clock cycles are irrelevant then you come back and that intel is going to have a monstrous advantage when it comes to clock cycles. Not very bright.

What is the difference between <font color=red>pink</font color=red> and <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>? The <b>GRIP</b>!
August 30, 2001 8:13:15 PM

LOL.........

--
It's Princess Leia, the yodel of my life. Give me my sweater back or I'll play the guitar.
August 30, 2001 8:23:08 PM

poopy is that u... tired of taking it up the arse from bmo and fred. muhahahaha
August 30, 2001 8:35:16 PM

It really Cracks me up when People make statements like

“Northwood p4 2.2ghz wont proform as fast then 1.533 Athlon 4”

Simply put we don’t know that!!!!.

But lets imagine since you like to do that.

A good current Match up is the Intel 1.8 and the AMD 1.4
The Northwood core and features are rumored to add 10% to the Clock per Clock performance.
Compared with the Willi. Lets assume it Debuts at 2.0 I seriously Doubt that the 1.533 AMD would
Compete let alone if the Northwood was at 2.2
August 30, 2001 8:44:09 PM

your forgetting....the 1.533 athlon is a palamino not a t-bird.... the 2 ghz p4 has problems with the 1.4 t-bird....

palamino wont have any problems wiping the floor with the p4 at pretty much any speed
August 30, 2001 8:45:49 PM

you must be FRED and BMO's human semenal maxi-pad.... do u even wipe your mouth when u are done blowing them? or u like spooge caked up in ya goattee... you are sick
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 30, 2001 9:35:30 PM

Wow man the forum has returned to its true colors poopy, and woody, fuggy, amdmeltdowny, maybe spuddy get back into the grove and start stupid imature flame wars to show my computer buds I have what it takes to lip people off still. Sigh prob not but oh hell later monkey poopy... ehehe.

-Spuddy

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol: 
August 30, 2001 10:20:19 PM

This conversation took a turn for the worse.

August 31, 2001 1:05:25 AM

WTF

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:
August 31, 2001 2:00:53 AM

Keep taking the medication and remain calm Spud!

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>
August 31, 2001 2:21:20 AM

Quote:
Is fugger even still around??

He came back to continue his 3dmark debacle thread, he plans to mad oc his mobo to finally be able to meet scores he spouted off weeks ago, however the conditions he described in his origional post make the score he claimed IMPOSSIBLE, lol, he fried a videocard trying to make good on his bs claims.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~
August 31, 2001 2:30:28 AM

Oh no. Where have you been since the delphi forum days pope? I hope you're not the same as before... You still got that Rage Fury Maxx?

Lyrics. Wasted time between solos.
August 31, 2001 2:37:17 AM

Ah, nevermind, I just read your posts in this thread. Same as ever. Are BMO and Fred coming here too? Man, I was starting to really like this forum too.

If you don't remember, I was FRANKINWALD in the Delphi forums. You may not remember, as I tried to avoid threads in which you were involved.

Please try and keep it sensible here; we have a (generally) good thing going.

Lyrics. Wasted time between solos.
!