Mouse cursor and resolutions.

sunzzofman

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
hi all,sorry to bother yous but a few months back i got a new gfx card,monitor and im useing a hdmi cable with 1920 x 1080 desktop resolution.Iv noticed in quite a few games the logos at the beginning are off center,then will be in the bottom right instead even when the resolution is matched.and also i may not be able to you the game menu.il have to move my mouse way below the menu for it to highlight the menu.heres an example

Play game
settings
servers

<my mouse cursor will need to be here to highlight it.

does anyone know why this is happening? im having so much trouble even trying to change a games resolution as i carnt select options etc.even if i share screens on skype it only shows the bottem right of my screen,yet i have the big red square around my hole moniter,any help is very much appreciated :)

is your monitor 1920x1080?
do you have the newest graphics card drivers installed?
did you uninstall your old card drivers first?
did you run monitor setup within your graphics card software?
does windows behave correct or is the mouse misalignment there too?
is the game set to your monitors resolution?

sunzzofman

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012

ah iv found out whats doing it,its my DPI settings on my windows desktop,as 1920 x 1080 res is so high everything was tiny,so u use the dpi settings to make things look more like 1024 x 768 which is what i was useing before i bought this 560 ti and 22 " hdmi moniter.think i just need to set "disable dpi settings" in the right click>properties for each game i play then i guess.tysm for that reply though mate i did try most of that like uninstalling all drivers,useing driver sweeper etc.just wish i could use a resolution on my moniter that looks more like 1024 x 768 without it looking horrible.