Sign in with
Your question

Is this a reliable monitor?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
March 5, 2013 7:19:06 PM

I keep hearing good and bad things about Hanns-G. Is this a good monitor? Its got everything I want plus its really cheap.

Hanns-G HL229DPB Black 21.5" 5ms Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 Active Contrast 30,000,000:1 (1000:1) Built-in Speakers

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : reliable monitor

a b C Monitor
March 5, 2013 8:07:16 PM

I would qualify this with "it depends"....

If you are going to compare this to high end monitors with a price tag twice the price, then you will be disappointed.

If you refuse to spend twice the price to get the quality of a better monitor, and price is your driving issue - it is a decent monitor. The color tends to be the biggest complaint.

I have purchased sever AOC brand monitors, and they do a decent job, but my Samsung, LG & Viewsonic monitors (same specs) look better for overall image quality (colors - especially grays).

On most of the monitors in this price range, including this model - no HDMI connections - only DVI and VGA.
m
l
March 5, 2013 8:19:36 PM

I have purchased a few Hanns-g monitor for my customer and have not had any complaints. I would say go for it if that is your budget.
m
l
a b C Monitor
March 5, 2013 8:30:41 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Computer Peripherals by Mousemonkey
m
l
!