CES '09: Nvidia Shows Off Ion

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Awesome!

I've always been a huge fan of NVIDIA ( Except the little faulty GPU incident that happened last year) I expect great things from them and I think the Ion may be a fair entry level PC. Heck it may even force ATI to produce a similar project ( AMD said they were NOT getting into the nettop CPU market, but nothing about the nettop graphics market ;) )

G

Keep us updated!
Atom 2Core on this platform could possibly be the best desktop for low power requirements!
Pitty it does not come with PCIE 16x or pcie 2 (so far).

probably an excellent machine for Windows 7!

cabose369

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
see nettops to me don't make much sense.

For example... this nettop will cost $400USD.

For $399CDN you can get an Acer (crap I know but using it as an example) desktop with a Pentium Dual Core processor (which will be A LOT faster than an Atom processor) 2GB Memory, 320GB Hard Drive, DVD Burner. All you need to do then is spend $50 or so on an Nvidia 8400/9400 or 8500/9500GT graphics card and for the same price as this nettop have a WAYYY better machine that is much faster and can do a lot more.

shachar2

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
you might want to write a small paragraph review on the technology/atom and what it means, not everybody is following you 24/7 and knows what you're talking about bozo!

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
Really shachar? Tom's has at least one in-depth review of the atom, and this article pretty much covers what the atom is about. A lightweight low clocked not very capable processor glued to a weak power consuming chipset. If you wanna know more about that just read the review, its in the CPU section of the website... Just looking over it I saw 3 references to the atom, one review, one benchmark, and one comparison to similar platforms, in the first two or three pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.