Using 8

siciro

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
I have been using windows 8 for just over two hours now and can honestly say that I don't get what all the fuss was about over the Start Button being left out. So its a little different with one having to click different corners to accessing different settings but there should be no reason why the average use can not use Windows 8 with as much ease as they did Windows 7.

I haven't used it too much but i agree on the general rule no one likes change.

When Windows 8 comes out i will use it and love it i know this because Microsoft always has a method to its madness so to speak - they do things/change things for a reason and you have to learn a little about that reason and when you do it makes sense.

There are a lot of people out there that are stubborn and will not accept change or accept someone else's bs as fact rather then experience it for themselves, frankly they disgust me.

MidnightDistort

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
The start button is your main access to everything in Windows which has existed since Win95. There are some people who still prefer the old clunky OS's over the nice more stable ones, i guess because they don't want to have to relearn how to use an OS. For me i'm sticking with Win7 and XP. I have no reason for getting a touch screen either and despite the fact that Win 8 might be a little more stable on my older desktop, i don't have enough disk space to even run Win8. So yeah i'm pretty much stuck with Win7 for now anyhow, unless i decide to get a new hdd.

jarrrp

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Finally, someone talking sense! I am horribly ashamed at the attitude of the vast majority of gaming community. So many people have jumped onto Windows 8 and bullied it to within an inch of its life, most of them having not even used it. I've seen a slew of complete rubbish and terrible rumours that are spreading about "Windows 8 lock down" and how metro will kill gaming. They're just petty lies made to turn others away from upgrading.

I will certainly be upgrading to Windows 8 when it's released. I've been running Release Preview for a long time and I LOVE IT. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Metro and the app store pose no threat to gaming. Windows 8 is clean and fresh, boots incredibly fast and does away with the slow and sluggish ways of Windows 7.

Open the curtains and look outside. Whilst you're at it, GROW UP! :D

Rant over.

Hi :)

I already said this to you in the other thread, but if you think the boss of Blizzard and Gabe Newell (boss of Valve) are wrong about 8 locking out games, you had better tell them so ....

Oh and RP is NOT the same as the retail version, so you dont KNOW how it will be yet...

All the best Brett :)

jarrrp

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012

I have neither the time or the effort for your closed minded attitude.