How do I adjust the monitor on a Dell laptop?

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
September 11, 2004 10:19:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.laptops,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Hi,

I have a used Dell Latitude PCH laptop. It's working fine but the display
is doesn't fill the screen, it's only about half the size it should be. I
don't have the manual for the computer and I have no idea how to access the
controls (I'm new to laptops).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
September 11, 2004 10:41:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.laptops,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

You're not running it at the right resolution. Right click on the desktop,
choose settings, and increase the resolution. It will only run at one
resolution, the one it is designed for.

Tom
"Ron" <r_romaniuk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a used Dell Latitude PCH laptop. It's working fine but the display
> is doesn't fill the screen, it's only about half the size it should be. I
> don't have the manual for the computer and I have no idea how to access
> the controls (I'm new to laptops).
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

September 12, 2004 2:40:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.laptops,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Install the correct video driver & it will fill the screen.
Check the resolution in display properties - usually 1024x68.

If you are talking about in DOS or during post.
Look at the blue writing on the keys - hold down function & press font.

"Ron" <r_romaniuk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a used Dell Latitude PCH laptop. It's working fine but the display
> is doesn't fill the screen, it's only about half the size it should be. I
> don't have the manual for the computer and I have no idea how to access
the
> controls (I'm new to laptops).
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

Related resources
September 12, 2004 7:39:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.laptops,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

Thanks! It worked.
Ron

> You're not running it at the right resolution. Right click on the desktop,
> choose settings, and increase the resolution. It will only run at one
> resolution, the one it is designed for.
>
> Tom
> "Ron" <r_romaniuk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a used Dell Latitude PCH laptop. It's working fine but the
>> display is doesn't fill the screen, it's only about half the size it
>> should be. I don't have the manual for the computer and I have no idea
>> how to access the controls (I'm new to laptops).
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ron

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
September 16, 2004 5:31:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.laptops,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 18:19:35 -0400, "Ron" <r_romaniuk@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a used Dell Latitude PCH laptop. It's working fine but the display
>is doesn't fill the screen, it's only about half the size it should be. I
>don't have the manual for the computer and I have no idea how to access the
>controls (I'm new to laptops).
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Ron

I had a similiar problem, and a downloaded video driver fixed it.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots: