pentium III 1.2gig

I saw a pentium 3 1.2ghz fcpga2 133mhz 370 pin . Will this chip work withthe the board i'm using. currently running a pent733 fcpga and wanting more SPEED.
Or should i go and get a mobo that supports oc'ing and heat up my 733?? thanks for the reply . ps board id Intell 815eea. ??whats the diff fcpga - fcpga2 ?? Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about pentium 2gig
  1. Pentium III's beyond 1GHz are Tualatins, the 0.13u version of the Pentium III. They probably won't run on your mobo, as they require a bit lower voltage. I *think* (not sure on this) that "fcpga2" refers to the Tualatin socket--which I believe is physically identical to original fcpga but delivers the necessary lower voltage for Tualatins.

Personally, I'd just O/C your current CPU if you want more speed. 733 isn't all that slow, and I believe it can be pushed to 800 or 900. Crashman can probably tell you more....

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."
  2. for the price of this chip your better off just overclocking ig the one you have

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:
  3. Have to agree with the others. Between the price and the probable need for a new board or at least a converter of some sort, and the fact that it hasn't been out long enough to see how reliable it is, I'd leave it for a while.

<b><font color=blue>Change the</font color=blue><font color=red> sig of</font color=red><font color=green> the week!</font color=green> :tongue: </b>
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Chip Product