Watching tv hdmi to computer

camjer

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Hello,
my cable port is broken on my tv, but I do have a HDMI port. Is there a way to hook up my tv using the HDMi port to my PC, but watch the TV monitor, and not the PC monitor?

Thanks,
Sharon

hi
first dont post emails on public forums unless you like getting spam
back to the topic yes you can buy a hdmi cable and plug it into your laptop and the tv...once you have connected the tv right click on desktop and select screen resolution...in there you can set up your new tv display meaning you can set it as second extended display so you can drag windows from side to side and you will see it pop up on your tv and you can also set the tv as mirror display meaning it will display the same desktop screen on both screens

+1

Depending on your graphics solution in your computer it may potentially be controlled by their software suite (Catalyst Control Center for AMD) allowing you to further tweak the settings.

camjer

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

Thank you for responding...and I did delete my email...I should know better!

I'm not quite sure I am understanding. I want to watch regular tv programming on my TV...just need a way to do that with the HDMI port on my TV. The TV is secondary tv in a guest room location, and not near the cable box, to use the HDMI port on the cable box...so looking for another way, as the tv is located near my desk top PC.

camjer

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

Thank you for responding...and I did delete my email...I should know better!

I'm not quite sure I am understanding. I want to watch regular tv programming on my TV...just need a way to do that with the HDMI port on my TV. The TV is secondary tv in a guest room location, and not near the cable box, to use the HDMI port on the cable box...so looking for another way, as the tv is located near my desk top PC.

camjer

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

Right...I do have a cable modem connected to the PC in the same room, but no HDMI port in the modem.