Tualatin Celeron for you, Tualatin Celeron for me

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
So according to Tom the only difference between the Tualatin PIII Desktop version and the Tualatin Celeron is the bus speed? Great! Sign me up for a 1.2GHz Celeron so I can take it to 1600@133!

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!

G

yeah but i don't think the 512k version will be available at 100fsb... what a bummer

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
very typical of intel though.

crippling a perfectly good processor for the mass market

p3/cellery anyone?

I'll respect your comments & opinions, even if i disagree with them, Provided you display maturity.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The fact that the 512k version will probably never be available at 100FSB is a shame for overclockers, but the fact that the Celeron version of the 256k will only be crippled by it's bus speed is a blessing, as a 1200MHz would yeild 1600MHz at 133FSB, and cost significantly less than the identical (except for the multiplier) PIII.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, it should cost about the same as a T-Bird and overclock about the same as one, after the price stabilizes. We already know the 256k Tualatin goes toe to toe with the T-Bird for performance. Of coarse AMD always has the option of dropping prices more.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, I might actually go for the Northwood if it is reasonably priced in 5 or 6 months. Who knows, I'll most likely go for the Paly core Athlon, false naming be damned, depending on what motherboard I'm favoring at the time. ALi looks like they have some excellent plans for a P4 chipset, it might even beet the SiS chipset!

TRENDING THREADS