Cutting Bridges?

G

is there any way to cut the bridges? i have tried a knife that doesnt work..... i tried everything sharp, no luck......i need to change some of the settings for the multiplier but i cant unless i cut the bridges on l6 and l3
my motherboard does not support multiplier adjustment
thnx

G

I tried this but it diden't work for me take 2 pins and conect them using a battery I used 2 D,1.5 volt bats then CAREFULLY place them on either side of the bridges this should fry out the link i saw it on a post in here . I closed the L1 using a mechanical pencil but it dident make a dif on cpchips 810 lmr 750 duron . wanting 900
it might work 4U. good luck and keep a steady hand those bridges are miniture

G

you have to by an engraving needle with a diamant tip, that should do the trick.

G

well i was thinking of taking it to the jewlers? i thoguht they might be able to cut them....hrm the battery idea sounds not bad but if i didnt work for u then i probablt wont for me...thnx though...any other ideas?

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
I would take it to a jewler and tell him what you are doing and then he might be interested and have you help him and he might do it for free.

What is the difference between <font color=red>pink</font color=red>and <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>? The <b>GRIP</b>!

G

umm, the jewlers wont do it, they dont have the right tools, and as for the knife dont work, what next :/

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
I find it very hard to believe that the jewlers don't have the right tools, I mean how do they do etchings in rings. That jewler just didn't want to do it. I would search the web and see what other people suggest. I don't know but the one trick with the battery doesn't sound very safe. I mean what if you want to close that bridge later. Sorry to hear that, I'll look around and see what I can find out for you.

What is the difference between <font color=red>pink</font color=red> and <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>? The <b>GRIP</b>!

G

ummm i will try the scapel tool, sounds good to me
and the dremel tool would work, but i dont have one, and they are expensive so, no point, could have spent and extra 25 - 50 bucks and got a 1ghz :p
thnx for the responses