Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hp laptop won't boot up

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
April 25, 2011 2:08:45 PM

Hello, my hp laptop won't boot up. It blinks and goes off.

More about : laptop boot

a b D Laptop
April 25, 2011 6:08:14 PM

Try it with only battery? Only wall-power (take out the battery)? Different power brick? If you did all 3, need to have the hardware checked, power connection, motherboard.
May 2, 2011 12:07:53 AM

Thanks for taking the time to give me your best suggestions. I have tried those and still am at a loss. The motherboard is the only thing I have not tried.
I found some information to remove battery, the memory and power cord then press down the power button for 30 seconds.
Then put everything back and boot up. It worked a couple of times then the same old problem.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 2, 2011 12:08:11 AM

Thanks for taking the time to give me your best suggestions. I have tried those and still am at a loss. The motherboard is the only thing I have not tried.
I found some information to remove battery, the memory and power cord then press down the power button for 30 seconds.
Then put everything back and boot up. It worked a couple of times then the same old problem.

May 2, 2011 12:08:51 AM

Best solution

a b D Laptop
May 2, 2011 1:32:39 PM

If you checked the battery and power connections and the power brick, you are left with replacing the motherboard. For laptops over a few years old, or cheap ones, it's better to get a new laptop rather than put money into a motherboard replacement.
May 10, 2011 2:58:52 PM

Best answer selected by red_streak.
!