$700 laptop with good graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davste

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
Is there a laptop for about $700 that has a good graphics card?
with at least 2GB ram and a dual core or better.

Anything that runs Crysis 2 on low settings should be great. Any ideas? I can't spend any more than that.

Here is an idea of what you can expect with the HD 6650M or GT 540M graphics:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Crysis 2 hasn't been benchmarked on the HD 6650M yet but by looking at COD:Black Ops & Starcraft II performance it looks like it slots in between the GT 525 and GT 540 like the chart shows.

The cost for insured shipping might push it past what you could find in Europe.
I'd use one of the shopping engines and search for "Acer Aspire AS5552G"

Or you could test the waters and see how much a transshipping service like http://www.shipito.com/ would cost.

Davste

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
Thanks. One more thing, do you think it will be worthwhile waiting for sandy bridge, with regards to gaming performance at that price?
I'll be ready to wait till around late august. Just asking maybe you know of some good/cheap models coming out.

Selenarious

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
I thought my 540M graphics card is crap. Then I played Crysis 2 a few days ago and got it running with no problems at all.... seems like its better than i thought lol

Davste

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2011
Damn :(((

Amazon don't ship it to Malta(Europe).

Here is what I tried:
> Checking Ebay (Best I shipping I could find is $140. I'm not sure if it's worth it for a $620 Laptop. It's not even quad core either, it's a dual core version)
> I found one on tigerdirect, I hear they do international shipping. Not sure how expensive the shipping is though
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7024137&CatId=17
it's also not acer. It's gateway. Warranty problems? :S

I'm thinking of using a parcel forwarding service like bongous.com or shipto.com, but I'm a bit scared. I've never done it before and I don't want to lose
all that money. Has anyone had any experience with these services that could tell me anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.