Sign in with
Your question

My cd key

Last response: in Windows 7
January 30, 2013 5:15:18 PM

hi
i just installed windows 7 ultimate after i had some issues with ubuntu video card driver and i decided to quit it for a while till i get me a new laptop. besides that, when i bought this hp pavilion g6, it came with pre-installed windows 7 home premium and with a recovery hidden partition. anyways.. my question is:
now, after i installed windows 7 premium after ubuntu, and obviously after windows 7 home premium, if i will install home premium again i'll recover the cd-key?

More about : key

January 30, 2013 5:25:33 PM

wow ok

so you bought a hp pavilion g6 with win 7 home premium. im guessing you formatted it and put Ubuntu on it. You now got rid of Ubuntu and put win 7 ultimate on it?

your kind a loosing me on that last part..... anyway there should be a green microsoft sticker with you cd key for what ever OS came on the computer somewhere on the computer case.

If it was a pre-built from hp then the OS that came on it is stuck to that computer and dies with it (non transferable)
January 30, 2013 6:17:47 PM

so i made a mistake. i'm a newcomer in the IT area.
yes, i did all that that i said above.
well, that's that. i wanted ubuntuso much but it's a headake for newbies like me. i'll have to wait for my new machine then.
ty for answer tho.
a c 288 $ Windows 7
January 31, 2013 2:13:13 PM

If you wiped out the recovery partition, and did not make any restore disks before you did that, HP can send you a restore disk set, you can use the software key on the laptop with the disk HP sends you. Why buy a new machine when you can just re-install Windows on yours?
!