1. What is your budget? $1000-$1500 - best bang for buck
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Would like to keep around 15", i think the 17" might be too big, but would consider
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p or greater! No exceptions!
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Im a big guy, i can carry a heavy laptop. No netbooks. Nothing bigger then 17" screen
5. How much battery life do you need? Moot - Power Plugs everywhere!
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? This would be a HUGE function of the laptop. I think best bang for your buck is my slogan. To answer the question, i buy new games all the time Fallout: New Vegas/ Rift / BFBC: Vietnam... i like pretty things
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Movies would be the next biggest strain i could see put on this machine next to game intense graphics
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 250gb+ - I do like the idea of a small SSD + Large Hard Drive combo. Definately a luxury, not required.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I'm open to suggestions. I have found a couple possibilities from Xotic PC. Although, I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy from CyberPower PC - Worst expirience EVER!
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as possible?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD - dvd writer highly encouraged
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. ASUS and Sager i have seen consistently put out good machines. I am very weary of ACER and Dell...
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I would really like a 2nd gen processor (Sandy Bridge) i5 or i7. Also, the graphics card is a big selling point for me.
nVidia = GTX460m or better
ATI = 5870m+ (prefer 6870+)