New player to D20 Modern - Can anyone help?

I am trying to learn how to run a d20 Modem game for a few friends.
None of the players have any experience with the d20 system (myself
included) but we are interested, and willing to learn.

Can anyone suggest a good way for us to "play while we learn" or to
find local players that already know whats going on? There are so many
rules and ins-and-outs of the d20 system that starting a game without
at least seeing it played bfore is a daunting task.

Any help is appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about player modern help

    JHawk24821@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I am trying to learn how to run a d20 Modem game for a few friends.
    > None of the players have any experience with the d20 system (myself
    > included) but we are interested, and willing to learn.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest a good way for us to "play while we learn" or to
    > find local players that already know whats going on? There are so
    many
    > rules and ins-and-outs of the d20 system that starting a game without
    > at least seeing it played bfore is a daunting task.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.

    Just jump in, have whoever wants to "GM" just make judgement calls
    during play as to how things work until someone actually figures out
    what the real rules are.

    - Justisaur

    "Justisaur" <justisaur@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > JHawk24821@yahoo.com wrote:
    >> I am trying to learn how to run a d20 Modem game for a few friends.
    >> None of the players have any experience with the d20 system (myself
    >> included) but we are interested, and willing to learn.
    >>
    >> Can anyone suggest a good way for us to "play while we learn" or to
    >> find local players that already know whats going on? There are so
    > many
    >> rules and ins-and-outs of the d20 system that starting a game without
    >> at least seeing it played bfore is a daunting task.
    >>
    >> Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Just jump in, have whoever wants to "GM" just make judgement calls
    > during play as to how things work until someone actually figures out
    > what the real rules are.
    >
    > - Justisaur

    :p
    Sounds like you're the type who played Monopoly without bothering to read
    the rulebook first. That must've been interesting:

    Oh wow I rolled a 16!
    Wonders why his friends think he's nuts for taking his piece halfway around
    the board....

    But yeah, the one thing about gaming is that good feeling about playing it.
    So long as you don't veer too far from the 'basic' rules everything should
    work out okay in case a 'veteran' happens to want to join your crew.

Games Video Games