Look out speed cheats!

G

Interesting post at the <A HREF="http://www.vapochill.com" target="_new">vapochill forums</A>
Hehe this should catch a few out.lol

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------
<font color=blue>Hi there

AS most people are aware, Sisoft Sandra benchmarks can easily be faked by the use of CS speed cheats. Which is really sad, and it really annoys the genuine overclockers, who spend a lot of dosh on their kit and spend hours tweaking, to have all of their respect taken away by some blagger who thinks it is good to go and cheat.

Well I myself and OcUK regular Mulda have come up with what we to believe a way to work out if the posted Sisoft Sandra benchmarks are fake or legit, by using a simple formulation, which I shall explain in a minute.
I had the genuine CPU speed to do comparisons against faked claims, and Mulda came up with an easy formulation. I am able to clock my 1.4Ghz CPU so high because it is running at -5c, as I am lucky enough to own a Vapochill case and enjoy high overclocks in silence.

Obviously requesting a 3D Mark 2001 FULL Test and maybe the OcUK or Teamlambchop SETI Benchmarks would also prove their claims, and give them the respect they deserve, as I believe neither of these two tests can be faked, and I hope I am right.

Anyway if they still deny your request and only insist on posting WCPUID shots or Sandra benches that could easily be modifed or done with a speed cheat then use the following formulation, so to suss if they are telling the truth or if they are liers.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post by Mulda
For everyon else's benefit, for any one particular CPU type (e.g. TBird) then the CPU and CPU Multimedia benchmarks are a measure of pure processor power/speed and scale linearly with clock speed irrespective of FSB. So, 50% increase in core clock speed will give 50% increase in Sandra for these.

Obviously there will always be a spot of 'experimental error' as no 2 runs give exactly the same result, but it can be used as a general guide.

So, the easy way to do this for someone's posted results is divide their score by the score for a 1.0 CPU (in this case TBird) given by Sandra...

To take his ALU Dhrystone score from the CPU bench:

4862/2805 = 1.733

So, ******* claim:

CPU Benchmark
ALU = 4862 Dhrystones ~1.733GHz
FPU = 2763 Whetstones ~2.009GHz

CPU Multimedia Benchmark
Integer MMX Enh = 9648 it/s ~1.766GHz
Floating Point 3DNow! = 11171 it/s ~1.633GHz

Gibbo's reality:
CPU Benchmark
ALU = 5092 Dhrystones ~1.815GHz
FPU = 2516 Whetstones ~1.829GHz

Hope this helps everyone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a Sisoft Sandra CPU benchmark of my system at 1826Mhz (11*166):-

As you can see my system scores a legit 5095 Dhrystone ALU MIPS and 2516 Whetstone MFLOPS.
Use Mulda's formula which is the suspected person's ALU and FPU divided by the reference AMD Athlon 1Ghz ALU and FPU values.
The Reference 1Ghz Athlon scores 2805 Dhrystone MIPS and 1375 Whetstone MFLOPS.
So you would divide suspected result by the reference results ALU scores and then the same for the FPU scores.

Me (Gibbo) Legit 1826Mhz CPU Bench
5094 / 2805 = 1.816 (1816Mhz)
2516 / 1375 = 1.830 (1830Mhz)

Un-named character who claims to be running at 1826Mhz (11*166) out of a 1Ghz CPU air cooled
He scores 4862 Dhrystone ALU MIPS and 2763 Whetstone MFLOPS.
This person has been asked to submit 3D Mark 2001 FULL TEST, and/do the SETI Benchmark, but he wishes not to comply and gives lame accuses.
All he has is a low quality screen grab of his desktop with WCPUID and Sisoft Sandra scores. Which due to picture editing and speed cheats is not really proof these days.
However lets check out his Sisoft Sandra CPU bench using our formula:-
4862 / 2805 = 1.733 (1733Mhz)
2763 / 1375 = 2.009 (2009Mhz)

So as you can see for a claimed 1826Mhz benchmark it quite clearly is not, and has obviously been CD speed cheated.

The same method can be used on the Multimedia Sisoft benchmark too, if the score is legit that after using the formula you should get a result that is close to their claimed speed. If the score is fake, your results will be quite far out after using the formula and they will also be inconsistent.

I think myself and Mulda deserve a round of applause for this one, as hopefully we'll put an end to people posting fake benchmarks.

Gibbo.
</font color=blue>
------------------------------------------------------------end quote.

These two guys do indeed deserve a round of applause.

Please post what you think and whether it makes sense.

Medication helps :smile:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I knew the 3dmark2001 full benchmark was cheat proof, all the more reason to laugh at Fuggers poor photoshop/non default test result screen shot heh.

People who fake benchmark results are sad...very sad.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
It's more than sad my friend.....

It's like me trying to say my Celeron 300a @ 450 outperforms a Slot A Athlon @ 500MHz even...LoL

-MeTaL RoCkEr
My <font color=red> Z28 </font color=red> can take your <font color=blue> P4 </font color=blue> off the line!

G

Not sure, was quoting someone else.

<font color=blue>Lizards</font color=blue> hide under rocks,<font color=red>Trolls</font color=red> hide under bridges & jump out to ruin posts

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
There way is too much deviation in 3DMark2001. People are now clearing 10,000. It was held at about 7500 for months then zap it was up there. The hardware hasn’t changed that much. I just raised the voltage on my GF3 getting 260/560 and I still get 6700. When I get my Vapochill back I plan to see numbers in the lower to mid 7000s. They have to be disabling something in the drivers.

A hardware benchmarks should scale almost linearly based on mhz with errors favoring the lower result.

Schmide

Should we break out the potpourri and give each other flowers?

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
The new det 4 drivers are out, thats why everyone is cracking 10k, believe me it is not too hard to imagine a nicely overclocked rig hitting 10k even before the det4's a 1.33 amd760 with default gf3 could hit 6000. most of those uber high scores are on p4@2.4ghz and tbirds at 1.8 with ultra water cooled videocards.

3dmark2001 is a decent benchmark, and it is the only one which I am aware of which is CHEAT PROOF. The madonion website prevents hacked scores from uploading(so I am told). Would I base a systems performance solely on 3dmark scores? Hell no, things like image quality, hdd speed etc are not taken into account. However, it is a viable benchmark to add to many other benchmarks.

As for liner scaling, there is more to consider than just mhz of the vid and cpu, there is bus speed, ram speed etc. 3dmark2001 pretty much does scale linerally when all things are considered. Remember, upping the processor from 1ghz to 1.1ghz will not give a 10% speed boost, the graphics system as a whole will be the determining factor.(fsb/agp/core/mem/cpu/etc)

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
What is the point of this senseless arrogant pride? It doesn't matter if you have a P4 or an Athlon, whether your CPU has a faster clock speed, or if your benchmarks are impressive today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

This is a community of people here to learn or get help. So, please stop belittling people with your foolishness. I am only trying to freshen up the air in here without insulting your intelligence, so lets put an end to the rivaling. You are a very knowledgeable person so display the maturity of knowledge then you will be wise.

<b><font color=red>IN HONOR OF THOSE WHO WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN, MAY THEIR DEATH NOT BE IN VAIN.</b></font color=red> <b>PRAYERS AND STRENGTH TO THE FAMILIES THAT GRIEVE.</b> <b><font color=blue>UNITY, VALOR, AND JUSTICE FOR ALL AMERICANS AS ONE NATION UNDER GOD.</b></font color=blue>

JC-------<*){{{>{~~~~~
Fisher of men

G

You expect me to believ that your POS p4 outpreformed an Athlon in Whetstone Marks??? If it was the integer unit i could still believe... but this is... is... is... just wrong!!

Tell ya what run the POVRay benchmark and then we'll talk.

I bet my Tbird 800 will send any P4 to hell...

:eek: <font color=blue>I for one run Quake 3 on a P133(No MMX)</font color=blue>I have no affiliatioin w/ Intel

G

I think all bench marks were included in that quote, its a big issue with some as they fight for bragging rights. But some of us we really don't want to spend trucks loads of money as we don't need a system like that.

<font color=blue>Lizards</font color=blue> hide under rocks,<font color=red>Trolls</font color=red> hide under bridges & jump out to ruin posts

G

Det 4's apparently allow this. Or something, Iam still back in acient times ~gf2. :smile:

<font color=purple>Three ways to do things, your way, my way and the right way!</font color=purple>