Reset my Acer without discs, can't find product key.

exescottz

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
I restored my acer, in the hopes of fixing some issues I was having with the drivers. I never made restore dicks, and the acer came pre-loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium. Now it's in an endless loot trying to install, but it can't without the discs. I can neither figure out where my windows 7 product key is, nor find out were to legally download windows 7.

Once again I have no discs, not that came with the computer (acer predator g3610) and not that I created myself.

Solution
The activation key is usually located on the Genuine Microsoft Windows sticker on the bottom of the computer. It's a light green sticker with holographic images that is only used by Microsoft If you don't have one then you will have to buy a new one from Microsoft.

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
The activation key is usually located on the Genuine Microsoft Windows sticker on the bottom of the computer. It's a light green sticker with holographic images that is only used by Microsoft If you don't have one then you will have to buy a new one from Microsoft.

Solution
A possible solution is with the "Hiren's Boot CD"... booting on the Hirens live CD you can use one of the included Key Readers to retrieve the product key from the installed Windows 7. And with the included RegResWiz application (Registry Restore Wizard) you may be able to restore the registry to a date previous to the restore attempt... if that is done successfully, it's possible you may be able to logon.

exescottz

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013

I actually figured this out on my own right after tearing my bedroom and office apart looking for the damned thing. How do I mark this as solved?