Sign in with
Your question

I need help. EXTREMEly bAD!!

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 2, 2001 5:37:05 AM

WHat is this thing you call a computer? I'm friggin stumped here fellas.

More about : extremely bad

September 2, 2001 5:39:47 AM

its a big box. When its not running you can use it as a door stop.

Stupid question of the Week winner.

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 2, 2001 5:57:06 AM

<font color=red>C</font color=red><font color=blue>osts</font color=blue>
<font color=red>O</font color=red><font color=blue>verall</font color=blue>
<font color=red>M</font color=red><font color=blue>ay</font color=blue>
<font color=red>P</font color=red><font color=blue>lace</font color=blue>
<font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=blue>s</font color=blue>
<font color=red>T</font color=red><font color=blue>o</font color=blue>
<font color=red>E</font color=red><font color=blue>conomic</font color=blue>
<font color=red>R</font color=red><font color=blue>ecession</font color=blue>

Medication helps :smile:
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 2, 2001 6:21:25 AM

OMG, half of my customers think the monitor is a computer! I sell them a newer monitor and they think they will loose all their files! And that it will run faster! They are perfectly willing to pay $200 for a refurbished monitor but only want to give you $35 for the computer that goes with it! They ask what speed the monitor connects to the internet at!

Back to you Tom...
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 2, 2001 6:30:03 AM

rofl

Medication helps :smile:
September 2, 2001 8:31:43 AM

well ok, they are "civilians" hehe. it's a whole other thing when you talk to a autocad designer and find out he doesn't know that there is a hdd in his computer. i don't know where he thought his files went..... good thing there's engineers to eek out all the details.

CPUs are like testicles, every computer should have 2!
September 2, 2001 10:20:19 AM

""CPUs are like testicles, every computer should have 2!""

CPU is like sex, the faster the better! :wink:
September 2, 2001 5:18:04 PM

most of mine call the base unit "the hard drive" i've had the question "what kind of mouse do i need for this hard drive?" many a time.

Although it has a lot of good ideas, beer doesn't know anything about computers!!!
September 2, 2001 5:35:22 PM

This summer while working at my highschool on the computers and network, I saw my previous tech teacher teaching teh teachers about computers. She held up a monitor and said "This thingy here shows everything..." A few of my friends who know nothing about computers asked me how much faster my internet was when I told them I got a new LCd (back then when I tried teh horrible VP150m.)

When I rule the world, Apple will only mean the fruit.
a b à CPUs
September 2, 2001 5:44:22 PM

I get a lot of that. More experienced people call it a CPU, which I don't find anoying because it contains the CPU and because the entire computer acts as a fuctioning unit. Computer guys call it a "computer" or a "box" when talking down to the uninitiated.

Back to you Tom...
a b à CPUs
September 2, 2001 5:45:37 PM

Maybe he was used to working with dumb terminals hooked to a mainframe.

Back to you Tom...
September 2, 2001 8:40:03 PM

Yeah, last summer I took a beginners class, and when I pointed to the "box" and asked them what it was I got computer, CPU, hard drive and case (smart ass) among the replies.

<b> :smile: <font color=blue>They changed the sig of the week!</font color=blue> :smile: </b>
September 2, 2001 9:06:03 PM

that's what i thought too, but then i saw his box in the cabinet, and he said he lived and died by his zip drive :/  there was a lady in one of those classes, she's holding her mouse in mid air moving it around and couldn't figure out why the "little arrow" wouldn't move on the screen.

CPUs are like testicles, every computer should have 2!
!