Sign in with
Your question

Something portable but fast

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
April 27, 2011 4:07:16 PM

Hi I would greatly appreciate all suggestions/comments please.
My specifications are as follows;

1. What is your budget?

About £500/£550

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

10.1" - 12"

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Don't need HD or super duper quality but something pretty good as this machine is going to be used for watching movies/tv programs as a primary function

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable, already own a Macbook 13" but don't want to haul it around, plus loss/damage/theft risks.

5. How much battery life do you need?

5hours+ something that I can watch a film on and do some word processing tasks

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)

Watching movies (stored on an external hard drive), listening to music, basic word processing tasks, surfing the internet and skype (decent enough webcam built in)

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

250gb min, 320gb preferred.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Anything, all suggestions welcomed.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

I want it to last and perform well enough for at least 2 years or so, as £500 is a fair chunk of my monthly pay.

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

I don't really need one, I would like the option to add one on (externally) but I feel that the weight and portability would be better if the machine didn't have one.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I like Apple but I have a Macbook already and have already ruled out an iPad as they have no hard drive space to consider, no USB ports and are just a bigger version of my iPhone

13. What country do you live in?

United Kingdom. England if it makes a diff.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I DON'T want a netbook, something portable and lightish but with a decent laptops capabilities please, so no netbooks.

THANKS!!

More about : portable fast

!