Granted Power ideas needed!

It's me again with my cleric domain spleen...

I want to have the four seasons as domains.
Got all spells listed, but now I need granted powers.

Background Info (again):
IMC clerics don't get Turn Undead for free,
but only the GP of their domains.

Summer:
Some light and heat effect...
Maybe like the spell Daylight with additional resistance
10/cold granted in it's area (to everybody, friend and foe).

Duration 10 min./level seems too much.
How about 10 min. for each use and usable 3 + Cha mod per day?

Winter:
Darkness and cold of course, so:
Like the spell Deeper Darkness plus resistance 10/fire.

Duration etc. as above.

Spring and Autumn:
No good idea so far...

LL

In article <pan.2005.04.05.13.28.36.18755@netlife.invalid>,
Lorenz Lang <lang@netlife.invalid> wrote:
>I want to have the four seasons as domains.
>Got all spells listed, but now I need granted powers.
>IMC clerics don't get Turn Undead for free,
>but only the GP of their domains.

Now that there are Divine feats, which let a cleric convert a turn usage into
some other effect, this is really bad for non-turning clerics. You should at
least convert "turn undead" into "special power" or some such -- and think
about an appropriate "special power" for non-turning domains.

>Summer:
>Some light and heat effect...
>Maybe like the spell Daylight with additional resistance
>10/cold granted in it's area (to everybody, friend and foe).
>Duration 10 min./level seems too much.
>How about 10 min. for each use and usable 3 + Cha mod per day?

This would make a good "special power" as outlined above, but you'd still need
a granted power.

>Spring and Autumn:
>No good idea so far...

I don't know about where you live, but here it seems to rain a lot in those
seasons -- or maybe we just notice it more than in the summer.

Lorenz Lang wrote:

> It's me again with my cleric domain spleen...
>
> I want to have the four seasons as domains.
> Got all spells listed, but now I need granted powers.
>
> Background Info (again):
> IMC clerics don't get Turn Undead for free,
> but only the GP of their domains.
>
> Summer:
> Some light and heat effect...
> Maybe like the spell Daylight with additional resistance
> 10/cold granted in it's area (to everybody, friend and foe).
>
> Duration 10 min./level seems too much.
> How about 10 min. for each use and usable 3 + Cha mod per day?
>
> Winter:
> Darkness and cold of course, so:
> Like the spell Deeper Darkness plus resistance 10/fire.
>
> Duration etc. as above.
>
> Spring and Autumn:
> No good idea so far...
>
> LL

Riffing:

Spring
- get plants as animal companions
- water
- bonuses to growing plant spells, such as entangle
- animate plant/awaken plant

Autumn
- hold
- sleep
- paralysis
- ghosts/speak with dead
- see the unseen
- the spirits move

CH

Lorenz Lang wrote:
> It's me again with my cleric domain spleen...
>
> I want to have the four seasons as domains.
> Got all spells listed, but now I need granted powers.
>
> Background Info (again):
> IMC clerics don't get Turn Undead for free,
> but only the GP of their domains.
>
> Summer:
> Some light and heat effect...
> Maybe like the spell Daylight with additional resistance
> 10/cold granted in it's area (to everybody, friend and foe).

Generally you want resistances to what the environment would be, so
should be 10/fire (or heat or whatever)

- Justisaur

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:47:11 -0700, Justisaur wrote:

> Lorenz Lang wrote:
>> It's me again with my cleric domain spleen...
>>
>> I want to have the four seasons as domains.
>> Got all spells listed, but now I need granted powers.
>>
>> Background Info (again):
>> IMC clerics don't get Turn Undead for free,
>> but only the GP of their domains.
>>
>> Summer:
>> Some light and heat effect...
>> Maybe like the spell Daylight with additional resistance
>> 10/cold granted in it's area (to everybody, friend and foe).
>
> Generally you want resistances to what the environment would be, so
> should be 10/fire (or heat or whatever)
>
> - Justisaur

That's another way to look at it.

I see the cleric evoking the power of the domain in a way that makes
the area more summerly. It's a display of summer's power, so that cold
(winter's power) is weakened / has less influence on people.

A third possibility for a Summer GP would be the causing of heat/fire
damage in the area (should be cone-shaped instead of sperical and
centered on the cleric). But that's more fitting for Sun or Fire IMO.

LL