Granted Power ideas needed!

It's me again with my cleric domain spleen...

I want to have the four seasons as domains.
Got all spells listed, but now I need granted powers.

Background Info (again):
IMC clerics don't get Turn Undead for free,
but only the GP of their domains.

Summer:
Some light and heat effect...
Maybe like the spell Daylight with additional resistance
10/cold granted in it's area (to everybody, friend and foe).

Duration 10 min./level seems too much.
How about 10 min. for each use and usable 3 + Cha mod per day?

Winter:
Darkness and cold of course, so:
Like the spell Deeper Darkness plus resistance 10/fire.

Duration etc. as above.

Spring and Autumn:
No good idea so far...

LL
4 answers Last reply
More about granted power ideas needed

    In article <pan.2005.04.05.13.28.36.18755@netlife.invalid>,
    Lorenz Lang <lang@netlife.invalid> wrote:
    >I want to have the four seasons as domains.
    >Got all spells listed, but now I need granted powers.
    >IMC clerics don't get Turn Undead for free,
    >but only the GP of their domains.

    Now that there are Divine feats, which let a cleric convert a turn usage into
    some other effect, this is really bad for non-turning clerics. You should at
    least convert "turn undead" into "special power" or some such -- and think
    about an appropriate "special power" for non-turning domains.

    >Summer:
    >Some light and heat effect...
    >Maybe like the spell Daylight with additional resistance
    >10/cold granted in it's area (to everybody, friend and foe).
    >Duration 10 min./level seems too much.
    >How about 10 min. for each use and usable 3 + Cha mod per day?

    This would make a good "special power" as outlined above, but you'd still need
    a granted power.

    >Spring and Autumn:
    >No good idea so far...

    I don't know about where you live, but here it seems to rain a lot in those
    seasons -- or maybe we just notice it more than in the summer.

    Lorenz Lang wrote:

    > It's me again with my cleric domain spleen...
    >
    > I want to have the four seasons as domains.
    > Got all spells listed, but now I need granted powers.
    >
    > Background Info (again):
    > IMC clerics don't get Turn Undead for free,
    > but only the GP of their domains.
    >
    > Summer:
    > Some light and heat effect...
    > Maybe like the spell Daylight with additional resistance
    > 10/cold granted in it's area (to everybody, friend and foe).
    >
    > Duration 10 min./level seems too much.
    > How about 10 min. for each use and usable 3 + Cha mod per day?
    >
    > Winter:
    > Darkness and cold of course, so:
    > Like the spell Deeper Darkness plus resistance 10/fire.
    >
    > Duration etc. as above.
    >
    > Spring and Autumn:
    > No good idea so far...
    >
    > LL

    Riffing:

    Spring
    - get plants as animal companions
    - water
    - bonuses to growing plant spells, such as entangle
    - animate plant/awaken plant

    Autumn
    - hold
    - sleep
    - paralysis
    - ghosts/speak with dead
    - see the unseen
    - the spirits move

    CH

    Lorenz Lang wrote:
    > It's me again with my cleric domain spleen...
    >
    > I want to have the four seasons as domains.
    > Got all spells listed, but now I need granted powers.
    >
    > Background Info (again):
    > IMC clerics don't get Turn Undead for free,
    > but only the GP of their domains.
    >
    > Summer:
    > Some light and heat effect...
    > Maybe like the spell Daylight with additional resistance
    > 10/cold granted in it's area (to everybody, friend and foe).

    Generally you want resistances to what the environment would be, so
    should be 10/fire (or heat or whatever)

    - Justisaur

    On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:47:11 -0700, Justisaur wrote:

    > Lorenz Lang wrote:
    >> It's me again with my cleric domain spleen...
    >>
    >> I want to have the four seasons as domains.
    >> Got all spells listed, but now I need granted powers.
    >>
    >> Background Info (again):
    >> IMC clerics don't get Turn Undead for free,
    >> but only the GP of their domains.
    >>
    >> Summer:
    >> Some light and heat effect...
    >> Maybe like the spell Daylight with additional resistance
    >> 10/cold granted in it's area (to everybody, friend and foe).
    >
    > Generally you want resistances to what the environment would be, so
    > should be 10/fire (or heat or whatever)
    >
    > - Justisaur

    That's another way to look at it.

    I see the cleric evoking the power of the domain in a way that makes
    the area more summerly. It's a display of summer's power, so that cold
    (winter's power) is weakened / has less influence on people.

    A third possibility for a Summer GP would be the causing of heat/fire
    damage in the area (should be cone-shaped instead of sperical and
    centered on the cleric). But that's more fitting for Sun or Fire IMO.

    LL

Domain Power Video Games