Wireless network with a usb modem???

Last response: in Networking
Share
November 27, 2004 12:54:50 PM

I have tried to think of many different ways to hook up my
Speed Touch USB modem to a wireless router. Are there any
routers that support USB input? please help
Anonymous
November 27, 2004 8:32:56 PM

Microsoft's Broadband base station routers do not support this function,
though you could set them to access mode while using Internet Connection
Sharing on your computer. See the Home Network thread response I posted
this date.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"MAX" <thompso189@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have tried to think of many different ways to hook up my
> Speed Touch USB modem to a wireless router. Are there any
> routers that support USB input? please help
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 11:56:29 PM

THEORY: Since a USB device is NOT a networking device,
the USB Modem cannot be used in the network. To connect
a USB modem you connect THE WHOLE COMPUTER to the
router's Internet Gateway port by connecting the ethernet
cable from your computer's port. Then you would have the
computer, connected to the Internet via your USB modem,
as the Internet Gateway.

Hope this helps. If so e-mail me reynaldo@usa.net
!