juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
So i to finish my last post on P4 price/performance vs t-bird price/performance

CPU
P4 1.8 245$ include heatsink fan warrenty.
T-bird 125 include heatsink fan warrenty.

Dont forget that many change they Heatsink/fan combo.Anyway

Motherboard

MSI K7 master 128 retail
ASUS P4T 159 retail

Memory

DDR 2100cas 2.5 and not 2 like Toms use 128 x 2 =32
Pc 800 128x2 72$

35$ for case
30$ for 400 watt enermax
147$ HD ibm 60 GB
30$ CDROM
9$ Network card
100$ Speaker
299$ Geforce 3 MSI star force
88$ Sound blaster X-gamer
20 $ for mice/keyboard
200$ for nice screen

Grand total

P4 1445$
T-bird 1253$

1445-1253=192$

So for 200 buck you got
overall score about 6% faster (cas 2.5)
Intel chipset stable....
No driver update.

Does the price/ratio is so bad is sure it better on a AMD.
I850

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Hey juin, with my extra 200 I will get a raid setup, or tons more ram, or any number of things which make my system kick the hell out of yours. So yes, it still sounds very bad.

PS: the 1.4tbird is equal or faster than the 1.8p4.

PPS:eek:verall 6% better is NOT going to be noticed by the end user, but the missing 200 bucks will, get over it the p4 in its current form is unjustifiable sh!t, that is unless you have unlimited funds you can part with, then I can see a case being made for the 2ghz p4. HOWEVER, even with that whenever a set amount of money is specified, unless everything purchased is the top of the line, the extra money can be used to ipgrade the athlon system to HIGHER performance than the p4.

200 bucks is quite a bit of cash, especially when you are trying to justify its expendature with a performance increase(which is debatable) which would not even be noticable to anyone.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Of course, one must realize that the KT266A pretty much demolishes the P4 2GHz performance advantage over the T-bird. Whoops...

I'm actually rather impressed with VIA this time around.

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Ahh I almost forgot, so juin, what is the rationale for buying the p4 now?.....the neato intel inside sticker amdmeltdoofus jacks off to?

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Hey juin, with my extra 200 I will get a raid setup, or tons more ram, or any number of things which make my system kick the hell out of yours. So yes, it still sounds very bad.

Yes a raid setup to close the gap in performance will probaly be equal with P4.

Still P4 is more stable on this point you can change anything.

PS: the 1.4tbird is equal or faster than the 1.8p4.
Liar

200 bucks is quite a bit of cash, especially when you are trying to justify its expendature with a performance increase(which is debatable) which would not even be noticable to anyone

The 200 buck is verynotice able.If you dont have internet what you do for your nice Via 4in1 that you like so much.

That is noticeable.

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Of course, one must realize that the KT266A pretty much demolishes the P4 2GHz performance advantage over the T-bird. Whoops

Liar too and it will be easy to prove but i think you say that VIA have close the gap.

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Juin, JFYI the Via 4-in-1's come on a CD that is provided by the MOBO. Manuf. in the Mobo. Box.......so once again, when you know what your talking about, please go nutz, but for now....please STFU.

-MeTaL RoCkEr
My <font color=red> Z28 </font color=red> can take your <font color=blue> P4 </font color=blue> off the line!

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Yhea old version who is slow and full of bug.They just release a new USB patch ""bug""".
Without internet forget VIA.

Nice try.

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
mm hmmm....slow and full of bugs....I guess all software is slow and full of bugs than too... (wait, thats true...look @ Windows) but still.....It works....the majority of peopel who will be buying these types of PERFORMANCE machines will have the internet anyways juin, r u forgetting that one major important fact ??

Whats someone goign to do, some jackass who knows jack sh!t is goign to walk off the streets and into a computer store and pick up a bunch of computer parts not knowing how to assemble the damnt hing in the first place and than use it ?? No....obviously people (experienced buyers and/or users) will do some research on what thwy want to buy....and they will get that, and in order to do this research im DAMN sure they'll even have an EXISITING computer and i'll gaurantee that one has the internet on it so that way it's all done....wow juin....very hard concept to grasp eh ?

Who the hell will know about the Via KT266A and about Via South Bridge problems and all that without first havign the internet to KNOW about these motherboards with these chipsets on it anyways ?? Duh...

-MeTaL RoCkEr
My <font color=red> Z28 </font color=red> can take your <font color=blue> P4 </font color=blue> off the line!

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
<sarcasm>
Oh! I'm hit! I'm hit! I've been called a <i>liar!</i> I suppose I'm just devastated by your verbal assault. :tongue:
</sarcasm>

Really, what's that, the third time you've called me a liar? <A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/01q3/010902/index.html" target="_new">Here's my link</A>--perhaps not decisive, but what do you have?

Come to think of it, I provided links last time you called me a "liar" as well.

By the way, I haven't applied the VIA 4in1 once since I got this motherboard, and it's still perfectly stable. Imagine that! :lol:

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Hello, Shoppers there is a little boy name "Juin". He is looking for his mommy. So can juin's mommy please come to the Cpu Section and pick up your son. Thank you.

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

G

Juin i told to stay in my sight. Hmmm your a bad boy your going to bud and no computer time. I dont you will be on your Dell with a P4 1.3ghz 128mb PC600 and TNT m64 32mb tonight.

Juin you been a bad boy goto your room

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Yeah, I'm sure VIA will be providing old, slow, buggy 4-in-1's with the KT266A. I guess when you don't know how to update drivers, then installing the 4-in-1 drivers is a big deal. For the rest of us who know how, it's a non-issue. Get over it, juin, nobody cares about having to install the 4-in-1 drivers.

<i>Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.</i>

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
are you actually learning anything or are you just running your mouth blindly?

What is the difference between <font color=red>pink</font color=red> and <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>? The <b>GRIP</b>!

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yhea old version who is slow and full of bug.
So are Windows. Did Win98 SE released after Win98 are full of bugs as well as Win2000 (SP1 and now SP2)?
Don't you realize your words are full of BS?

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
indeed...
i would like to see tom do the athlon 1.4 Vs P4 2.0 review again...
this time using the KT266A mobo.
i imagine the performance difference would be quite minimal , if not zero.

I'll respect your comments & opinions, even if i disagree with them, Provided you display maturity.

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
mm hmmm....slow and full of bugs....I guess all software is slow and full of bugs than too... (wait, thats true...look @ Windows) but still.....It works....the majority of peopel who will be buying these types of PERFORMANCE machines will have the internet anyways juin, r u forgetting that one major important fact ??

Microsoft software
Intel hardware

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
And intel needs software optimized for it's hardware to be used properly.

What is the difference between <font color=red>pink</font color=red> and <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>? The <b>GRIP</b>!

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
LoL, juin you call me a liar?

http://www.hardocp.com/reviews/chipsets/kt266a/

weep and it read.

Now run along little guy.

PS: wtf are you so diehard p4 for you run a freakin p3 550 katmai, you have 0 experience with either an amd or a p4, go get a life or something.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

G

Sorry mommy!(says Juin!)

~I want a vapochill inside, but who gives 2 [peeps]~

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
Speaking of which where is his mommy. She left her underwear over at my place.