Decent price for computer?...

Hi all,

I am starting A+ class next week and I was presented with the option of asembling my own computer to keep for an extra $400.00. The specs are as follows:

Intel PIII 800 MHz Processor

128 MB PC133 SDRAM

56X CD-ROM

20 GB HD

8MB AGP Video Card

32-bit 3D sound card

56.6 Modem

10/100 Network card

180 Watt Speakers

Keyboard, floppy and mouse.

For a five day course, 8 hours per day in exchange for $795.00 I get to sit in a class with others. It's a brand new site with new equipment, (I took a tour of the site). Included with the price is a technician toolcase, and free re-takes if I should happen to go mental and re-live the sixties. Also free use of the facilities and a personal harddrive. $90.00 vouchers for the Comptia tests. And for the additional cost of $400.00, the computer build. They also have this 20 hour internship after the course, where one goes to the main site to construct and diagnose client computers, but I think it's just this side of free labor, but hell, the experience should be good and they present a certificate stating that you were part of their team. So ...all this for $1195.00, train fare not included.

I did look around to shop and compare and this place seems like the most for the buck. My local two year college sites offer A+, but at $1200.00 and no books, thats extra. I could have studied from the Mike Meyers A+ bible, but I need the dicipline and the hands on experience.

Here's their website: www.pccenter-chicago.com

Does this place seem ok to you all?

So, I feel that although my present machine, (233 Mhz 48 MB), runs well, it can no longer run some modern to date software, especially games that I seem to waste many hours on. Others have felt that the price of the computer is comparable to groundfloor retail. What do you feel about their computer self-build/keep option? And....will the setup allow me a few years of stretching space for new peripherals and software...like the new WinXP?

Thank you all for your thoughts.

Joe
josephguzman@email.com
1 answer Last reply
More about decent price computer
  1. sounds good. Well go for when the class is over, upgrade it to 256mb and video to ATi Radeon 32mb DDR and you have a pretty good system.

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computer Product