Got Silver?

G

I'm gonna put Arctic Silver 2 on my 800Mhz tbird, how can take off that gummy-sticky-pinky(thermal paste
0 stuff? It's all over the heatsink (heatsink isn't not a problem) and the CPU core, I tried to remove using tools, but couldn't take it off well, it's so sticky that his method doesn't work. Some people recomended alcohol, is it SAFE? I need a SAFE method. Also need a link where it shows how and how much of Arctic Silver should I put on?? SHould I wait for 24 hours until it's dry? use at default CPU speed for 24 hours and then o'clock, or just slap and start o'clocking my CPU?

You may remove the old material off the cpu and heatsink with isopropol alcohol or nail polish remover. The directions for applying arctic silver II are on their website. Place a small dab of a.s. on the surface and spread it out to a very thin layer using a credit card or other non-abrassive device. Do this on both the cpu and heatsink surface. Be careful not to touch the surface with bare fingers. You can re-install the heatsink right away. More details with the instructions.

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
I'd go 4 steel wool and liquid detergent for the HS and
isopropyl alcohol for the cpu die.

"Get the facts first. You can distort them later." - Mark Twain