Is my MN-500 going bad?

Last response: in Networking
Share
November 28, 2004 4:39:46 AM

I do not know why this is happening but for some reason I have to keep on
unplugging and repluging in my router because it keeps on crashing. For no
reason at all my connection will drop. The only way to get the router
backup is to unplug it and wait and then replug it in. The it will log in
again and be fine for a few days to a few weeks. I did a hard reset on it a
little over a week ago and it was fine till today.

I want to reinstall the firmware to see if that will help but I can not find
were to download it. I have the software to check the firmware and it is
update so I have no link to reinstall it.

I am just wondering if my router is going bad or if I just need to reinstall
the firmware. Can someone please help me out?

Thanks in advance.

More about : 500 bad

November 28, 2004 5:46:23 AM

Forgot to add incase you need, my PC is XP Pro, Wirelss laptop XP Pro, 2
other PC's Win98, and a xbox. I have the router hooked up the the 520
switch. The problems stated not to long after I added the switch. I can
not see how that is the problem. I want to keep the switch because of the
great increase in network performance.

My utility sofware is 2.2.0.731
boot 0.0.1.06
runtime 0.1.11.017

I do notice that my switch does not show up on any of the microsoft
software.
November 28, 2004 10:41:39 PM

If you remove the 520 (whatever that is) does the problem go away?

Neal wrote:
> Forgot to add incase you need, my PC is XP Pro, Wirelss laptop XP Pro, 2
> other PC's Win98, and a xbox. I have the router hooked up the the 520
> switch. The problems stated not to long after I added the switch. I can
> not see how that is the problem. I want to keep the switch because of the
> great increase in network performance.
>
> My utility sofware is 2.2.0.731
> boot 0.0.1.06
> runtime 0.1.11.017
>
> I do notice that my switch does not show up on any of the microsoft
> software.

assistance.

time.
!