Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Drivers for Mercury TV tuner for windows 7 32bit

Last response: in Windows 7
May 14, 2010 11:15:34 AM

Hello,
Since I installed Win7, I am unable to watch TV through my internal Mercury TV tuner card. I have tried various software without any results. Even Windows Media Center could not help me. Can anybody please give me the link to a source to download the proper drivers for Win7? Thanks in advance.

More about : drivers mercury tuner windows 32bit

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
May 14, 2010 9:00:00 PM

I'm sorry but you're out of luck with that tuner, XP is the latest Windows OS that drivers are available for.
You will need to get one that's W7 compatible.
m
l
May 16, 2010 11:48:31 AM

Thanks, Jonmor68, for your advice. It's now my turn to feel sorry for myself. But I can't understand one thing, is it impossible or very difficult to write a driver for this TV card for Win7? If no, then why does'nt the company do so? Why let thousands of people like me suffer due to no faults of ours? Does it have commercial undertones for not providing drivers for this tuner card?
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a c 209 $ Windows 7
May 16, 2010 12:54:23 PM

Windows 7 uses the Vista driver model which is substantially different than XP and requires that all older drivers be re-written. Some hardware manufacturers seem to view this as an opportunity to force all their users to buy new hardware.

I give kudos to manufacturers such as Epson who made Vista/Win7 compatible drivers available for hardware I purchased over 6 years ago. They're the ones who'll be getting my business in the future.
m
l

Best solution

March 12, 2012 7:42:19 AM

chinmoy1955 said:
Hello,
Since I installed Win7, I am unable to watch TV through my internal Mercury TV tuner card. I have tried various software without any results. Even Windows Media Center could not help me. Can anybody please give me the link to a source to download the proper drivers for Win7? Thanks in advance.

The solution is with you and you have the windows 2000 or xp drivers for mercury tv tuner card. simply install the driver win windows 7 32bit os. It will 1st refuse and by 2nd time will initiate the message to install it again in compatible way then do install or run the software again and it will install the drivers.

After this just reboot the os and when coming back start your software and it will detect the hardware and will run your tv tuner card easily as was working in windows xp or windows 2000.

You need not to worry as i am also runnin the same thing in my windows 7 32 bit os smoothly and have no problem at all. Hope that this will solve your problem if still need to query and ask me for the images on how to install you only need to contact me via my email id ie sheikhtalha@mail.com

I also have other solutions to run your old hardware in windows 7 just simply type email and send me and wait for solution.

Have a nice time.
March 20, 2012 4:23:44 PM

sheikhtalha said:
The solution is with you and you have the windows 2000 or xp drivers for mercury tv tuner card. simply install the driver win windows 7 32bit os. It will 1st refuse and by 2nd time will initiate the message to install it again in compatible way then do install or run the software again and it will install the drivers.

After this just reboot the os and when coming back start your software and it will detect the hardware and will run your tv tuner card easily as was working in windows xp or windows 2000.

You need not to worry as i am also runnin the same thing in my windows 7 32 bit os smoothly and have no problem at all. Hope that this will solve your problem if still need to query and ask me for the images on how to install you only need to contact me via my email id ie sheikhtalha@mail.com

I also have other solutions to run your old hardware in windows 7 just simply type email and send me and wait for solution.

Have a nice time.

Thanks a lot sheikhtalha. I will definitely try out your solution in a short while and get back to you with the results.
m
l
April 5, 2012 11:53:15 AM

Best answer selected by chinmoy1955.
m
l
!