How to nuke an acer aspire 5534

Status
Not open for further replies.

rune1578

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
how do i set my acer aspire 5534 back to factory specs? and will this delete everything on it so as to make it like it was straight from the factory? thats what im trying to do...delete everything so its like new again

rune1578

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
i have 4 gigs of ram and even the simplest thing like getting online has a lag 2 it now for some reason. the laptop was really fast when i got it and has just recently started this lagging issue and i cant take it anymore. i have norton 2011 and full system scan atleast once a day before i shut down and i also have a malware scanner i use too so im thinking its not anything malicious...atleast i hope. if it is then its hiding really well. well enough to not be picked up by any scanners i have. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS BEFORE I FACTORY DEFAULT IT????

cbrunnem

Distinguished
first download and run ccleaner and smart defrag 2 they will clean your registry and delete browsing history and other stuff. the defrag will defrag your hard drive and should make it faster. also make sure you only have one anti virus program as having two will render both useless. anti virus programs make themselves look like viruses so having two will make each other look like viruses and try to take each other out. atleast thats what i was told by my uncle who works for lenovo.

try that and see what it gets you

rune1578

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011

ill download those programs now. and yeah several virus scanners do usually cancel each other out. the difference is norton runs all the time and scans for viruses, tracking cookies, trojans.....etc. the malware bytes i run only when i start it...its not a constant.....and it targets things like spyware and malware....etc. so i disable norton, run malware bytes and see what it finds, delete whatever it does find and shut it down. then i restart norton to pick up the slack that malware bytes didnt find. i never run them simultaneously just because of the fact they may target each other. thanks 4 bringing that point up though cause had i not known that u would have opened my eyes 2 a really good issue. as for your program suggestions....ill get em and run em now and see what happens. appreciate you taking the time to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.