Dumb Terminal (Laptop)

Hello, how can I use my Dell laptop (keyboard and display like a dumb terminal) so I can access a Dell power Edge computer?
5 answers Last reply
More about dumb terminal laptop
  1. hi try one of them

logmein, teamviewer
  2. You can use it for remote desktop - If you don't have Windows 7 professional - take a look at applications like teamviewer, gotomypc or logmein.
  3. dextermat said:
    hi try one of them

logmein, teamviewer

Dex, thanks for the reply. I need to be able to physically plug in my laptop into the Dell computer so I can access the Solaris system without hauling around a portable monitor and keyboard. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
  4. Guys... Hyper terminal???!?

I know, it doesn't com pre-packaged with Win 7/8, but it'll still runs just fine and there are multiple sites to download it from.

http://www.hilgraeve.com/hyperterminal/
  5. zapcoast said:
    Dex, thanks for the reply. I need to be able to physically plug in my laptop into the Dell computer so I can access the Solaris system without hauling around a portable monitor and keyboard. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

If your Solaris is running X-Windows, you can install X-Windows server on your laptop and connect to Solaris.

Apart from Hyperterminial, another good option is PuTTY - it allows for serial, Telnet and SSH connection.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Terminal Dell Windows 7