Disease Domain?

Is there an official Disease Domain anywhere in 3E? Or is that the
point of the Corruption Domain from BoVD?

- Ron ^*^
6 answers Last reply
More about disease domain

    In article <1IY4e.32$vI.5@lakeread03>, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote:
    >Is there an official Disease Domain anywhere in 3E? Or is that the
    >point of the Corruption Domain from BoVD?

    Pestilence, in Defenders of the Faith...

    Donald

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:41:03 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net>
    wrote:

    >Is there an official Disease Domain anywhere in 3E? Or is that the
    >point of the Corruption Domain from BoVD?
    >
    > - Ron ^*^

    There's a Pestilence Domain in Defenders of the Faith (possibly in the
    3.5 version as well, but I don't have a copy of that). I'm not overly
    fond of it though, as it seems to rely too much on summoning rats and
    undead rather than disease.

    Chad Lubrecht wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:41:03 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Is there an official Disease Domain anywhere in 3E? Or is that the
    >>point of the Corruption Domain from BoVD?
    >>
    >> - Ron ^*^
    >

    > There's a Pestilence Domain in Defenders of the Faith (possibly in the
    > 3.5 version as well, but I don't have a copy of that). I'm not overly
    > fond of it though, as it seems to rely too much on summoning rats and
    > undead rather than disease.

    Hmm... Actually IIRC there is a greater undead type in MMIII that
    involves disease and vomiting forth swarms of rats... Sorta fits.

    Although I'm sure they were thinking "mummies" when they worked that
    into the domain.

    - Ron ^*^

    In article <d31rk7$fdu$1@agate.berkeley.edu>,
    Donald Tsang <tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:
    >In article <1IY4e.32$vI.5@lakeread03>, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote:
    >>Is there an official Disease Domain anywhere in 3E? Or is that the
    >>point of the Corruption Domain from BoVD?
    >
    >Pestilence, in Defenders of the Faith...

    Oh, I guess it's in Complete Divine, too.

    Doom, Summon Swarm, Contagion, Poison, Plague of Rats, Curse of
    Lycanthropy, Scourge, Create Greater Undead, Otyugh Swarm... the
    swarms of vermin is pretty silly, though Otyugh Swarm is always
    hilarious.

    Donald
    "Oh, I love trash! Anything dirty or dingy or dusty!" -- Oscar the Grouch

    On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 23:37:40 GMT, Chad Lubrecht
    <chad.lubrecht@verizon.net> wrote:

    >On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:41:03 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>Is there an official Disease Domain anywhere in 3E? Or is that the
    >>point of the Corruption Domain from BoVD?
    >>
    >> - Ron ^*^
    >
    >There's a Pestilence Domain in Defenders of the Faith (possibly in the
    >3.5 version as well, but I don't have a copy of that). I'm not overly
    >fond of it though, as it seems to rely too much on summoning rats and
    >undead rather than disease.

    Well how many disease based spells is there space for?

    Donald Tsang <tsang@soda.csua.berkeley.edu> wrote:

    > "Oh, I love trash! Anything dirty or dingy or dusty!"
    > -- Oscar the Grouch

    also sung by Steven Tyler from Aerosmith... who seems a remarkably (and
    disturbingly) good fit.

    Keith
    --
    Keith Davies "English is not a language. English is a
    keith.davies@kjdavies.org bad habit shared between Norman invaders

Domain Games Video Games