overclocking athlon

G

I have a athlon 1.0 cpu and an abit kt7 raid board. If i simply change the multiplies in the CMOS Setup Utility will I be able to speed up the processor. I used to have a celeron 400 processor and by simply changing clock speed it ran at 500 as cool as ice......will this work with the Athlon as well?

Thanks!

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If i simply change the multiplies in the CMOS Setup Utility will I be able to speed up the processor.
First, you need to reconnect all bridges of L1 if they are cut.
I used to have a celeron 400 processor and by simply changing clock speed it ran at 500 as cool as ice......will this work with the Athlon as well?
<b>KT7</b> doesn't support FSB higher than 100MHz officially. According some people, it can be increased at 112MHz as highest. Remember, when you overclock FSB, you also increase AGP and PCI bus speed (some of them can't handle higher speed very well).

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

FatBurger

Illustrious
A friend of mine got his RAM FSB up to 113, that's the highest he could get to.

Not sure about the CPU FSB, probably around 110.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
True, but FPU w/o SSE2 isn't in any P4 owners vocab either. I am OK w/ the tradeoff since I liek to try new methods of cooling other than fans; ie water, maybe in a little bit peltiers, and possibly in a year vapochill/kryotech (have u seen the Sys Coldfusion?).

When I rule the world, Apple will only mean the fruit.

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
Funny...really funny. A guy asks for help, and we turn this into a battle. Seriously folks, try to stay to the subject at hand. People are just venemous here, like it's some kinda Civil War. Please, try to be more courteous, everybody. I'm not saying this because I've got a stake in Intel, I own both and own shares in both. Oh, and 3_days, you probably shoulda posted this in the Overclocking section. I hang out there most often, simply because people don't fight so damn much.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

TRENDING THREADS