G

Not trying to troll here but i figured this will help the Intel zealots. As far as im concerned if you dont have the money you shouldnt be in the business but thats my believe.

<A HREF="http://www.theregister.co.uk/990712-000014.html" target="_new">http://www.theregister.co.uk/990712-000014.html</A>
<A HREF="http://www.amd.com/about/investor/1999annual/note12.html" target="_new">http://www.amd.com/about/investor/1999annual/note12.html</A>
<A HREF="http://www.siliconstrategies.com/story/OEG20010507S0069" target="_new">http://www.siliconstrategies.com/story/OEG20010507S0069</A>

-Spuddy

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

Yahiko81

Illustrious
Jul 17, 2001
How would that last link help Intel zealots?? Did you read it?

What is the difference between <font color=red>pink</font color=red> and <font color=purple>purple</font color=purple>? The <b>GRIP</b>!

G

AMD has german subsities paying for the interest on their loans. WTF you cant read they have to have a forein nation paying their bills for them bah. Im sorry man but thats not good business.

-Spuddy

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

G

If you cant pay your own overhead then how in the hell can you pay that 800 mil back? If they are selling soo many chips and makeing soo much money then why the hell cant they cover at least the interest? Well I guess im old school in the idea of being totally self sufficient oh well looks like I got my person believes involved again sorry.

-Spuddy

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Spud, the subsidies are in exchange for them chosing dresden to build, do you have any idea how much revenue a local government makes off of a fab. The Fab I work at Fujitsu/AMD Gmd , they get tax breaks on land tax, and subsidies in the form of fixed power rates. That is not poor buisness practice it is standard operating procedure.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

G

Bah old school bah.

-Spuddy

FatBurger

Illustrious
Matisaro is exactly right. And BTW, thanks for posting a 4 month old article as new news :)

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

G

No prob dude I try to please all types im how you say in english diversified. Also another point is if they are makeing such a killer chip(not denying the tbird is a good chip) why in the hell is it all licenced out? X86,MMX,SSE,(soon SSE2),0.18 micron Copper Interconnects,HiP6L technologies to name a few (that I can think of). Think about it whos chip are you buying, is it Intels, or Motorola's? Thats my point they are makeing soo much money where is their own technology?

-Spuddy

G

whoops, and guess who intel owes the x86 architechture to? It was licensed to them by IBM!

Aklein

Just me and my computer livin' on the dark side of the moon.

FatBurger

Illustrious
And SDRAM/DDR and RDRAM technology is owned by Rambus.

The computer industry is all about knowledge owned by one person, perfected by another, manufactured by a third and sold by a fourth.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

G

Ya I suppose but hey you wount catch me with no athlon no sir maybe with a northwood or if AMD make a affordable chipset and a cool running chip.

-Spuddy

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
"guess who intel owes the x86 architechture to? It was licensed to them by IBM!"

The x86 architecture was originally designed, created, managed, and is owned by Intel.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

Arbee

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001
whoops, and guess who intel owes the x86 architechture to? It was licensed to them by IBM!
This is new! - Link please :wink:

X86 (a rather inferior architecture at the time) was created by intel.

How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yeah uh huh! guess why you're working the graveyard shift, to save power! standard ops, amen.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
What I would like to know is why can't Intel make <i>their own technology</i> more cheaply than AMD???

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Fabs run 24/7, they require upwards of a million dollars a day in electricity, you wont find a fab in the WORLD that dosent have a graveyard shift, I chose it due to the 15% pay increase. Do they give you a 15% pay increase for working at burgerking after 6pm? Didn't think so.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Spud? You will get an athlon if they make an affordable chipset? Are you saying you would rather pay 150 for a mobo and 550 for a chip, than 160 for a mobo and 104 for a chip?

Insanity!

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Don't pick on Spud!

He is heavily medicated, and it affects (slows down) the thinking process. Leave him be.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
no silly, he said he would rather pay more for a stable chipset and a better designed cpu, NOT a POS like the tbirds and crappy Via. LOL! can't you read?

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

munkey

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
actually meltdown the question shoud be asked "can you read?" because what spud said is

No prob dude I try to please all types im how you say in english diversified. Also another point is if they are makeing such a killer chip(not denying the tbird is a good chip) why in the hell is it all licenced out? X86,MMX,SSE,(soon SSE2),0.18 micron Copper Interconnects,HiP6L technologies to name a few (that I can think of). Think about it whos chip are you buying, is it Intels, or Motorola's? Thats my point they are makeing soo much money where is their own technology?

-Spuddy

Ya I suppose but hey you wount catch me with no athlon no sir maybe with a northwood or if AMD make a affordable chipset and a cool running chip.

-Spuddy

for some reason i can't find anything about stability or better designing of their CPU's, just ones that run cooler like the palomino.

why is it that just because there is an intellectual debate going on you, fugger and a few others have ti turn it into a flame war. do you guys just not have the ability consider that others do think differently than you do or that there are people in this world who can discuss different points of view while still remaining civil?

is this reality... i thought it would more realistic.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yeah uh huh! guess why you're working the graveyard shift, to save power! standard ops, amen.
That's really a stupid post. I guess you never work in this industry or have never worked at all!

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.