Is there a website where a more reliable release date can be found for the
new WOTC books, or any Products for games like Warcraft RPG.

I checked the websites from those companies and most just mention the month,
but I was looking for the day or possible day.

For instance, I'm trying to locate the release date for Lords of Madness.

"Decaying Atheist" <harker@coxdot.net> wrote in

> Is there a website where a more reliable release date can be found for
> the new WOTC books, or any Products for games like Warcraft RPG.
>
> I checked the websites from those companies and most just mention the
> month, but I was looking for the day or possible day.
>
> For instance, I'm trying to locate the release date for Lords of
> Madness.

Your best bet, if it isn't announced on a web page, is to inquire at your
FLGS,

-phy

"Decaying Atheist" <harker@coxdot.net> wrote in message
> Is there a website where a more reliable release date can be found for the
> new WOTC books, or any Products for games like Warcraft RPG.
>
> I checked the websites from those companies and most just mention the
month,
> but I was looking for the day or possible day.
>
> For instance, I'm trying to locate the release date for Lords of Madness.

They used to give the day, but got so many complaints about short delays
that they just give an approximate release date.

Geoff.

"Geoff Watson" <geoffwatson@pacific.net.au> wrote in message

> "Decaying Atheist" <harker@coxdot.net> wrote in message
>> Is there a website where a more reliable release date can be found for
>> the
>> new WOTC books, or any Products for games like Warcraft RPG.
>>
>> I checked the websites from those companies and most just mention the
> month,
>> but I was looking for the day or possible day.
>>
>> For instance, I'm trying to locate the release date for Lords of Madness.
>>

> They used to give the day, but got so many complaints about short delays
> that they just give an approximate release date.
>
> Geoff.

Went to my local gaming store today, and I asked the owner when he expected
to get the books. He said, surprisingly that he had them in right now, but
was unable to actually shelf them due to his shipping contract. They could
only be put on the shelves starting tomorrow (well today when the store
opens).

Decaying Atheist <harker@coxdot.net> wrote:

> Went to my local gaming store today, and I asked the owner when he
> expected to get the books. He said, surprisingly that he had them in
> right now, but was unable to actually shelf them due to his shipping
> contract. They could only be put on the shelves starting tomorrow
> (well today when the store opens).

I've seen that happen a number of times.

And since I've got a good relationship with the guy behind the counter,
gotten stuff before release. *ahem*

(not that it's a big deal, but it does feel good)

Keith
--
Keith Davies "English is not a language. English is a
keith.davies@kjdavies.org bad habit shared between Norman invaders

"Keith Davies" <keith.davies@kjdavies.org> wrote in message
> Decaying Atheist <harker@coxdot.net> wrote:
>>
>> Went to my local gaming store today, and I asked the owner when he
>> expected to get the books. He said, surprisingly that he had them in
>> right now, but was unable to actually shelf them due to his shipping
>> contract. They could only be put on the shelves starting tomorrow
>> (well today when the store opens).
>
> I've seen that happen a number of times.
>
> And since I've got a good relationship with the guy behind the counter,
> gotten stuff before release. *ahem*
>
> (not that it's a big deal, but it does feel good)
>

> Keith
> --
> Keith Davies "English is not a language. English is a
> keith.davies@kjdavies.org bad habit shared between Norman invaders
> keith.davies@gmail.com and Saxon barmaids!"
> http://www.kjdavies.org/ -- Frog, IRC, 2005/01/13

Oh I don't actually fault the owner. I was there when last year his
shipments wouldn't come until late on Friday when it seemed any other shop
that might carry it (bookstores, etc) had their copies. Ever since they
fixed this "contract" he has been getting the books in time to put them up
on the shelves around the same thing everybody else is, unless there are
shipping errors.

This was my fault since I didn't actually know the expected release date. I
do try to support the local stores as much as I can. That is where I met the
group I game with now.