Problems sharing broadband connection.

Hi,

I am using Wanadoo broadband with no problems on my main compuer.

I have a 2gig pc running XPhome, my wife has a 1gig pc running win2000, we
are connected via a crossover cable and can 'see' each others computers.

I have tried to setup internet sharing so my wife can use IE on her system
using my broadband connection. Only sometimes it works.

When she opens IE and enters a site address it can take many seconds to
connect, sometimes it doesn't and you haveto try again. When a site is
connected thing run at broadband speed - ususally!

What could be the problem?

--
Brian

Which Microsoft Broadband Networking hardware do you have on your system,
Brian? That's what this newsgroup supports, not networking in general.
Before posting to a networking newsgroup, I would suggest you run a thorough
anti-virus scan using the program's latest definitions on her system. If
she's having issues with the browser, you may want to check the
parasite/malware information here: www.aumha.org/secure.htm .
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"ashnook" <justleatvebetweenthexashnookxes@xxxo2.co.ukxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using Wanadoo broadband with no problems on my main compuer.
>
> I have a 2gig pc running XPhome, my wife has a 1gig pc running win2000, we
> are connected via a crossover cable and can 'see' each others computers.
>
> I have tried to setup internet sharing so my wife can use IE on her system
> using my broadband connection. Only sometimes it works.
>
> When she opens IE and enters a site address it can take many seconds to
> connect, sometimes it doesn't and you haveto try again. When a site is
> connected thing run at broadband speed - ususally!
>
> What could be the problem?
>
> --
> Brian

Do you have a router?? If you have broadband connection,
especially cable, you need a router. Connect the modem
to the router as an Internet Gateway (the router has an
ethernet port for the Internet Gateway separated from the
other ethernet ports), then connect each computer via
ethernet cables connected to the router's other ports.
If the modem is USB, not ethernet, then connect the
computer to which the USB modem is connected to the
Internet Gateway port on your router.