Which side you on Meltdown , FUGGER i want answers

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well now Meltdown and fugger is the time to prove yourself to THG and the World.

What side you on:

Intel + ATi: <font color=blue>ATi and Intel have a cross-licensing agreement</font color=blue>, <font color=red>ATi is on the 3GIO team</font color=red>, <b>not on the AMDHyperTransport team </b>, Intel giving ATi the right to have the First 8x AGP Card (aka R300) read <A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/18070109.htm" target="_new">here</A>, ATi chipset for Intel Product's coming

-----OR-----

Nvidia + AMD: Nvidia making a AMD chipset called the NFORCE, <b>Nvidia is not going to make INTEL chipsets</b>, <font color=blue>Nivdia is on the --AMD HyperTransport Team--</font color=blue>,<font color=red>not the Intel 3GIO team</font color=red>, <b>Nvidia uses AMD LDT in there GeForce 3 cards</b>

Well Fugger choose your team. It seems your going to pick the AMD team your stock's will tell you. <b>Prove it to the forum what side you are on</b>. AMD picked nvidia to lead them graphics wise, where Intel picked ATi.

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I pick the team with the best price/performance ratio when I have money to spend, this week I am on the nvidia amd team. Nice to have you with us FUGGER.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

Raystonn

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2001
"a stupid technology called AGP 8X which does NOTHING"

If you want to call the doubling of AGP's maximum bandwidth from about 1GB/s to about 2GB/s stupid, then go right ahead. The rest of us will just move right along.

-Raystonn

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my employer. =

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well i know Fugger will love the Amd and Nvidia team. Besides i know fugger hates ati. Well it was nice that intel "Fuggers ex-favorite company Intel is letting ATi make the first 8x AGP graphics card". Well im on the ATi and Intel team right now since i'm an both a 100% Intel user "not like fugger" and a 100% ATi user.

FUGGER IS AFRAID TO REPLY.

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
If I remember correctly, the nForce is going to have an AGP 6x for the bundled gForce2 within it. Seems like a wasted tweak to me but strange bedfellows often have mutant children.

I’m still AMDVidia but AGP 8x seems like a technology I have to have.

Schmide

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Yup there is 2 agp's coming out

intel's 8x (which ATi is going to use) and a Seperate group (ALi, SiS, AMD, Nvidia) 6x agp where there still beta. Intel 8x agp is nerely finish. It seems the R300 most likely feature 8x agp. Where Geforce 4 could be fitted on a 4x agp or 6x agp.

Well Fugger, You Intel pride or your nvidia money... No reply yet its just for you. Sorry you can't say intel + nvidia. It's "ATI + Intel" or "AMD vs. Nvidia".

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
When you go from 4xagp to 2xagp in 3dmark2001 you lose all of 15 pts, this is a VERY tiny performance drop, I contend the bandwidth of agp8x is NOT gonna be taken advantage of any time soon. We arent even using 4x yet!

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well im guessing you want 6x AGP over 8x AGP. Well its good 8x agp. You can use your 4x but in 2 years use a 8x card.

FUGGER REPLY WHAT SIDE YOUR ON. I WANT AN ANSWER NOW.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
No, I think if we dont even us 4xagp, 8xagp will only be a box side blurb, not a useful advance. If you want to talk the value of new tech, ati's future over nvidias, use things which we need, or will give us a NOTICABLE performance increase, such as faster memory, better core design etc. Dont list 8xagp as one of the new things which will make ati/intel the next best thing, because we dont need 8xagp, we dont even use 4xagp.

To close I would like to restate my posistion that I am not any companys die hard fan, if intel's p4 @2ghz were released at 100 bucks and had ddr support(I am anti rambus) I would buy it over an AMD system, no problem. Likewise if when I had bought my videocard, (elsa920 gf3) ati had an equal performer(image quality AND framerate, i ballance my requirements) for the same amount of money, I would have bought that then.

Read my sig to sum me up in a nutshell.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
4x agp has been around for about 2 years and we STILL dont even begin to make use of it, I think 8x agp is SO unneeded at this time, or for another year at least.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
The weird thing it seems Juin is a true Intel user. Liking ATi means he is a True Intel fan. Since Meltdown and Fugger have no Comment "nvidiots"

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What makes you think that nVidia won't make Intel chipsets? They already do, for the Xbox. If their nForce chipset is as good as they think, once it is proven on the AMD platform, why wouldn't they make a version for Intel processors? The bigger your marketshare, the more profit you make. It is simply business. There is no loyalty (or exclusivity) between nVidia and AMD.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Rcf, do you have linkage, or some evidence to back that stsement up, why are we to believe that when 2xagp is not even a bottleneck, for gf3's that 4xagp will be a bottleneck for radeon maxx, even assuming it makes 2x the data requests to the system via agp, it still wont make 4x the bottleneck. 8xagp currently and for the near future is nothing more than a PACKAGE BLURB.

NEW RADOEON 2 WITH 8XAGP, OOOOH 8X THE SPEED OF REGULAR AGP!

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
The weird thing it seems Juin is a true Intel user. Liking ATi means he is a True Intel fan. Since Meltdown and Fugger have no Comment "nvidiots"

I don't know if you've noticed.... but ATI, Nvidia, AMD, and Intel are not football teams, for crying out loud. This constant trolling is so immature.... you remind me of these rednecks I see in a hotel bar on occasion, screaming obscenities at teams and players they hate, and jeering at the rednecks across the room who are supporting the other team. Get a hold of yourself man! Come back to reality!

And no... I'm not a sports hater, although the only sport I ever find enjoyable to watch is hockey, or maybe full contact bowling :D

"Laziness is a talent to be cultivated like any other" - Walter Slovotsky

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what? how far can you go dude? do you also want to know the brand of underwear I use? man, not only are you a troll but you are also severely neurotic-psychotic, you need help asap.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

G

I agree I hate my geforce 2 its sucks soo much I wish I had my viper2 again. Nvidia makes garbage and thats the bottom line. It might be fast but its still garbage.

-Spuddy

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

Dago

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2001
The difference between the football fans and the trollers is that the football team at least gives a damn about its fans.

--Wassamatta you?--

FatBurger

Illustrious
rcf, stop being an ass. This is by far the dumbest thread I've ever seen on these forums. I totally agree with SerArthurDayne. I can see you sitting in a cubicle with a huge mullet, grasping a bottle of medication prescribed by your psychiatrist. Every hour or so you suddenly scream "Ati!" as loud as you can, then glance around nervously and take a couple more pills.

Of course, the guy in the cube next to you with the celebrity toenail collection is even stranger than you, so most other people in the office don't mind.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
He took my stapler, give me back my stapler, I will burn the building down ATI!!!!!!!! ::nervous glance:: LoL

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

G

ATI makes a good product except their damn drivers suck. I have a geforce2 pure right now and im apauled by the card its so... crappy. For what I paid for it doesnt even out perform my old viper2. Well not true I paid just about 200 for it and it gets mt base 5 frames more when in someones face in ut and 20 more in a inclosed hallway...wtf?(note i was getting 35 in someones face and 60 to 80 in encosed hallways?) Then I thought maybe its me slow ass 600\100 agp2 system. So I threw it in my roomates 1000\133 agp4 beastie bah 5 frames more base in unreal and 20 more in a exclosed hallway. Ha what a joke I know how this card performs and it dont perform like some independant hardware reviewers claim. I have heard matrox makes a awsome card so I might go with them next time around and burn my SBlive card and send it back to the hell it was spawned from. Woah ive been ranting sorry guys later.

-Spuddy

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol: