Sign in with
Your question

Help with connecting to my computer

Last response: in Windows 7
January 31, 2013 4:37:15 PM

So the day before yesterday my monitor started to only display a white screen. After quickly looking around the net I decided to take it back, it is still under warranty. To the point, obviously I need a monitor to access my desktop computer, which by the way seems to be working fine, and unfortunately I don't have another monitor. That said, I had everything on that computer, so it would be wonderful for me to be able to access it once again, The desktop is running Windows 7 Home, one of my notebooks is running windows 7, other XP. I liked the idea of remote desktop, but Microsoft one is out the question (because desktop is running home premium) and i don't really know any other similar software. Voila that's pretty much it, so anyone know of a possible way to from me to access my computer. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Didn't really know where to put this thread, sorry if I misplaced it.

More about : connecting computer

a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2013 4:44:47 PM

Have a look at the back of the televisions in your home. some of them (the LCD or LED type) can be used as a PC monitor. They will have a VGA D-sub input connector just like the one on a dedicated monitor, which accepts a standard VGA cable.

The only difference is, when using a TV as a monitor, you have to go into the TV on-screen menu and select "PC" or "Computer" as the source after you've connected it up and turned it on.
m
l
a b C Monitor
a b $ Windows 7
January 31, 2013 4:45:31 PM

Assuming you can install things without a monitor, I think Teamview has this functionality.
m
l
January 31, 2013 5:43:14 PM

Wow, that was fast, Thanks a lot!
I never watched TV, so never bothered buying one.
In theory I could, but since I can't see the screen, I can't perform any complicated tasks, but I'll check it out see what I can do.

P.S. I'm just looking for a temporary solution, and once again Thanks!
m
l
!